What's new

Scent like MWF

Suffering from wool fat allergies so can't use MWF. I've been looking over a year for a soap that has identical scent to no avail. Amongst the ones i've tried Haslinger and Mastro Miche Zihuatanejo come closest but still missing something that i find very appealing on MWF.
I've tried many suggested in old threads here but i'm mainly looking for artisan soaps. If anyone has something in mind and thinks the scent is very very close to MWF please share with me.

welcome to b&B, sir ellipsis!
to my untrained nose, mwf is a simple, soapy, 'barbershop', talcum, lavender scent.
not sure what the lanolin does smell-wise.
you might try a few of joe's razorock sticks, relatively cheap, so no big downside.
happy hunting!!

razorock black label ever-ready gillette july 12 2021.jpg

I can't think of a better description other than clean or fresh...

MWF is ‘clean’ and a great soap IMO!!

That said, I nominate Haslinger’s schafmilch. Not the same scent for sure, but great with a clean scent!:a29:

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I'd think about Ach Brito Mogno. They say "scent of the sea" but I don't seem to get that. Just a whiff of clean soap, not quite as faint as MWF. Definitely not artisan but worth a try for the money.

Try Klar Seifen Classic
Wow, not even close (to my nose). The Klar even has a bit of leather in there -- great scent. Shows how much different scents affect our senses.
That said, I nominate Haslinger’s schafmilch.
The poor guy has a lanolin problem -- Schafmilch won't do.

I've tried all the ones mentioned except for the razorock sticks. I don't really get much similarities with the fat. The one to my nose that is closest is Mastro Miche Zihuatanejo but it still misses something (i think you can smell the oils from the soap and that makes it less fresh/clean compared to MWF)
Still looking for a better alternative

Top Bottom