What's new

Scale blanks and freebie

Ok Tomjr, you were on the right track although incorrect. And Trick420 you are CORRECT!!!!! Well done. I will PM you asap to discus the details of your free scales. Just want to add were having storms here and my net for the first time ever is dropped out, so im at a friends atm and not sure when mine will be back on, but as soon as it is a NEW WOOD BLANK will be posted here the contest will restart.

So congrads to trick420, and keep looking for the next chance to win, hmmm what to put up next, lol.

Ok firstly congrads to our first winner trick420.
Now this next 1 is going to be less confusing the 2 photos show one of my blanks (again lightly sanded to show the grain) and that blank is the timber in question. would also like to add i'm not a great photographer and in real life the timber is slightly darker than it appears in the photos. If it drags i'll drop hints so read the posts.

So same rules apply (see 1st post) good luck and have fun. Name contains 2 words.

Attachments

• $SL372956.jpg
    $SL372956.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 327
  • $SL372957.jpg
    $SL372957.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 326
Well as it is difficult to id timbers from photos, this is a guessing as well as knowledge game. So by all means have a crack Matt. (you never know one day veteran entrants might get a little treat, lol)

The only wood I know of with spots like that is some English Walnut that our night stands are made out of.

Sorry Matt not English walnut, And also bamabubba your incorrect, Remember it is slightly darker than pic shows on this particular blank. However in saying that the blank is a light selected part of this usually dark timber.

trick420 yet again your CORRECT its not Ausssie pine, lol. Oh i'm cheeky. But keep your eyes peeled a pic of your FREE scales should be posted today, there nearly finished. KEEP GUESSING PEOPLE, As you'll see its well worth it.

Let me know when I can have another crack at it, because I think I know what it is. It was a toss-up between two woods for me, and I was on the losing end of a 50/50 chance there.

Sorry 7mary3 its not Goncalo Alves, trick420 You can only have 1 guess per contest on the thread, However if u do want to have another stab PM me and we might be able to sort something out since im already posting u some.THE CONTEST CONTINUES, next clue, I'm not saying Australian is or isn't in the name but it is an Ausralian timber and the first word is its place of origin. Think states.

Top Bottom