What's new

Saw a thing on the web...made said thing for less haha

Excellent work. Build some jigs and fixtures, mass produce, sell at craft fairs, PROFIT! Or if your like me, say that was fun and never build another LOL.

Very, very nice
Haha well there is already a "manufacturer" of them out there which is where I got the idea. I likely will build either a larger version or cedar plank the shave den and just add the shelves to the walls of my area to accommodate further purchases 😂

So I was perusing the internet, looking at shaving stuff as we do lol and came across a setup that I really liked. However it was a bit more than I wanted to spend for it. So I pulled up my big boy pants, went into the shop and made it. I used Eastern Red Aromatic Cedar instead of Pine, Oak or whatever else they had it available in. I absolutely love the smell of cedar and it fits my decor here at home so win win. View attachment 1078222View attachment 1078224View attachment 1078225View attachment 1078226
what size of large hole bit/cutter did you use fornthe brush section?

camo

In case anyone would like the measurements here goes

Base: 16" x 6" x 3/4"
Middle: 16" x 4" x 3/4"
Top: 16" x 3" x 3/4"
Back panels: 11" x 4" x 1/2"

Thank you. It certainly is. I enjoy home projects and making things much more than just buying something premade. I am looking into a desk lathe to maybe make some cedar and other PNW wood brush handles and other items as well.

Thank you. I left it raw. I didn't feel the need to seal it since it is cedar and I wanted as much of the natural aroma to permeate the air as possible haha.
I like the finished shaving station but am not familiar with red cedar. In time will it not need oiling or some kind of finish?

I think it looks great!

Unfortunately for me, I am highly allergic to cedar so it would be a no-go in my house. Happy that you can enjoy the aroma.

I like the finished shaving station but am not familiar with red cedar. In time will it not need oiling or some kind of finish?
Cedar being a softwood is generally fairly resistant to drying and splitting or cracking. If you take a look at antique hope chests and such you'll notice that the cedar lining is unfinished and has not cracked or split in sometimes 100 years or more. Therefore, I wouldn't be too concerned with it falling apart.

Top Bottom