What's new

Samah Industries Blades from Bangladesh?

Just wondering if anyone uses these blades or if they have much of a following? If you don't know what I am talking about, these are the various different blades you may have seen that have little Swiss flag / shields on them and claim "Swiss Quality". Many of them are sold under the brand "Sharp" and are keenly priced for 100.

I just received a selection of tucks including:

- Clifton Classic
- Champion Platinum
- Sharp Hi Platinum
- Sharp Hi Titanium
- Sharp Hi Chromium

I also ordered the Sharp 7AM Plus Super Platinum, but I received a tuck of something else in lieu. I guess RBC must be temporarily out of stock on that one...so probably you will all tell me it's the best one!

I just shaved with the Sharp Hi Platinum in an EFBT and it was okay. Sharp enough for business and yielded a nice close shave, although it very quickly went through the phases of starting with a slightly rough coating, to smoothed out, to spiky feeling during the course of the shave. That spiky feeling is something I associate with blades from the Indian subcontinent, and sure enough the aftershave revealed a couple of small weepers, which seem to occur when I get that spiky feeling from a blade.

Still, it seemed a decent enough blade for the price and I am looking forward to trying the others.

Strangely enough, there are two different 7AM Platinum blades and they don't feel the same to me(maybe my loose sample blades were damaged). I have some of the Plus Super ones in DE, but only the cheaper ones are available in half blades(the samples). The package looks the same so I almost ordered those. I have used a few Sharp Titanium and they were fine, can't remember anything good or bad. I have tucks of most of them that I haven't got to also.

Blade preference is so personal.
For me it is a combo of my skin and the razor I use.
I am pretty much static on my purchases, all though I am still open to try some periodically (rarely these days thou).
My den blade preference is; Feather, Bic P. C. and Personna (Germany).

So sorry, I have not tried any of the Bangladesh blades.
For reference/tip, if available I will always try a non- coated (S.S) offering first.
Three tries / shaves (sure you can go more) , testing at least 5 random blades first ( different tucks).
Take good notes...

Then I select within the same family of blades, a preferred coating next, same tests.
This is just my way, not the right way ...just a way I use to gauge and narrow down the one I may like.
Compile the notes and compare.

Repeat & Rinse....

Takes time for sure.
That is way I just stick to my "go to three" / KISS principle....
Consistency is important in my shave world.

My GCTB days are pretty much over...
(Go Crazy Testing Blades)

But hey, good luck and have fun!
Hope you find the best for you and the razor(s).

Funny, my brother Anthony is a complete opposite of me. Not unusual for bothers.
He can shave with anything and has absolutely no preference in a blade....

BFX

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
I’ve only used their Loi Titanium blades. They’re not the sharpest, but they’re nice in a Fatip Grande, RazoRock JAWS 0.84, RazoRock Mamba 0.53, and a Gillette post-war Tech.

It’s a trade-off. The shaver adds the violence, the blade adds the smoothness.

@malocchio, do you have a view on what are the best / worst of their offerings?

That webpage is interesting - there appears to be zero correlation between the blades that are depicted there and the ones that are actually offered at RBC!

I didn't notice the Abest were Samah Industries blades or I would have got a tuck of them too. Just trying to broaden my blade horizons for fun.

Today I shaved with the Clifton Classic in my Lupo 0.95. I was going to try the Titaniums but I realised that I already loaded the Clifton in there a couple of days ago, so I might as well put it to use.

Unfortunately, it wasn't great. The first pass felt reasonable, but it just wasn't sharp enough for the sliding XTG / ATG strokes I use on my second pass. In the end I had to give up, but I still have roughness on my chin and sideburns, and quite a bit of irritation on both sides of my jaw from going over the area too many times. I have been daily shaving for the past week or so with a variety of razors and blades, but now my skin will need a break.

Oh well, they can't all be winners! I do find the Lupo is quite fussy about blades and maybe my technique was off today too, so I will try this one again sometime in a completely different razor and see if I get a different result. Perhaps a Tech will work miracles for this blade as it did for Shark Platinums!

@malocchio, do you have a view on what are the best / worst of their offerings?

That webpage is interesting - there appears to be zero correlation between the blades that are depicted there and the ones that are actually offered at RBC!

I didn't notice the Abest were Samah Industries blades or I would have got a tuck of them too. Just trying to broaden my blade horizons for fun.
I haven't had a bad shave with Abest or any of the Sharp / Clifton blades ... Any blade can work better in one razor than it will in another razor , you should always give a blade a chance in different razors . I think my prep has a lot to do with it . I wash and rinse twice with ordinary bar soap and hot water . For an even better shave use a shaving soap bar to prep the face , like Mogno or Granado....

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-10 093856.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-10-10 093856.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot 2023-10-10 093843.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-10-10 093843.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot 2023-10-10 093829.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-10-10 093829.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 9
I have the Sharp Titaniums, The Sharp 7AMs, and the Sharp Platinums. I think they were all about $8 per 100 from Amazon, and they are excellent budget blades for me and my face. I like the Titanium the best, but all of them shave well enough.

That said, I have fairly easy-to-shave whiskers, and a dozen years of shave experience, so the vast majority of blades do well for me in my favorite razors with my regular shave routine. I only notice big differences when I skip prep or use some of my least favorite razors.

I had forgotten about this thread.

I have since tried the Champion Platinum and found it to be a pretty decent blade - certainly a step up in sharpness from the Clifton and seemed smoother than the Sharp Hi Platinum. I increasingly tend to one-and-done my blades at the moment, but I think the Champion would happily have gone another round. Each side of it I used a Treet Platinum and a Treet 7 Days Platinum, all in the Lupo 0.95. The Champion was clearly better for me than either of them.

Still a couple more to try, but so far that one is the best of the bunch. Overall, these seem like a decent range of bargain blades and probably worth looking at for folks who appreciate the likes of Lord and other cheapies.

61ySs8fcU5L._SX466_.jpg

If I understand correctly, to recap: there are different types of new and old production 7AM blades while Shap Titanium are new productions that were not produced before.
Ok! Then I think I'll buy a sample pack of the Bengalese blades from the Razorbladesclub site on Amazon and I'll evaluate which one I find best, I'm also curious about the Champion, Clifton and Abest blades
It's a shame that Balaka blades can't be found either on razorbladesclub or in Europe, I'm in Italy.

I tried the Sharp Stainless blades this is already the second time.
I liked them, I find them very clear and soft on my skin.
I will evaluate the purchase of other Bengal blades on Amazon, I intend to take Sharp Titanium,Abest, Clifton and Champion.
I'm curious to also try Adoro and Balaka blades if I can find them.

Blade preference is so personal.
For me it is a combo of my skin and the razor I use.
I am pretty much static on my purchases, all though I am still open to try some periodically (rarely these days thou).
My den blade preference is; Feather, Bic P. C. and Personna (Germany).

So sorry, I have not tried any of the Bangladesh blades.
For reference/tip, if available I will always try a non- coated (S.S) offering first.
Three tries / shaves (sure you can go more) , testing at least 5 random blades first ( different tucks).
Take good notes...

Then I select within the same family of blades, a preferred coating next, same tests.
This is just my way, not the right way ...just a way I use to gauge and narrow down the one I may like.
Compile the notes and compare.

Repeat & Rinse....

Takes time for sure.
That is way I just stick to my "go to three" / KISS principle....
Consistency is important in my shave world.

My GCTB days are pretty much over...
(Go Crazy Testing Blades)

But hey, good luck and have fun!
Hope you find the best for you and the razor(s).

Funny, my brother Anthony is a complete opposite of me. Not unusual for bothers.
He can shave with anything and has absolutely no preference in a blade....

BFX
You can give him all the blades that you do not particularly like.

Top Bottom