What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

newest scores - 1938-45 Tech, Ball Handle NEW, 1951 Plastic Tech, Old Style, 1961 Flare Tip SSView attachment 440201

Someone help me out with the razor in the bottom center; is that an Old Type with a mismatched fat handle? Was the OT ever paired with the fat handle? I see some of these paired on the bay occasionally and I wonder if they're a mismatch. Without a different angle I'm wondering if it's an OT or a NEW SC.

thanks,

here is another shot of the razor. I am not an expert by any means but I think it is an old type on a mismatched handle or maybe a NEW improved, im not sure. not a good photo, sorry. $IMG_2993.jpg

Hot soapy water and pipe cleaners, pop both ends off the handle and get in there then once you get them really clean go the pen/epoxy route and you will never notice the difference!

Had both ends off tonight, with a good soak/scrub in hot soapy water. Followed it up with a toothbrush, and a light run with Silvo. Looks better, but the cracks still annoy me. The ball end isn't so bad, but the head end is relatively loose. Looking forward to another full cleaning, and eventually the pen/epoxy treatment.

I went to my first antique store today with razors in mind thanks to you guys here. If I have done my research correct I have Found a King Gillette 102 pocket edition. The letter on the serial # is mostly worn off but from what I can read of it I think it is a D. So according to a couple if sites it is a 1917. But I'm not 100% sure of that. The patina on it is very bad as well. But it looks to be in good shape. The case for the blades is cracked on the lid though to.
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398477691.315000.jpg
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398477708.397044.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398477729.396636.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398477743.347342.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398477761.729882.jpg

Very Nice jmann.

You hit the sweet spot for a couple of BBers........They'll be along, shortly, to tell you how well you did. :thumbup:

Picked up my super adjustable today. Just finished my first shave with it. Not bad.

I started on 3 for the first two passes but kicked it up another notch for the third and final pass. Me likey!
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398479738.805646.jpg

I went to my first antique store today with razors in mind thanks to you guys here. If I have done my research correct I have Found a King Gillette 102 pocket edition. The letter on the serial # is mostly worn off but from what I can read of it I think it is a D. So according to a couple if sites it is a 1917. But I'm not 100% sure of that. The patina on it is very bad as well. But it looks to be in good shape. The case for the blades is cracked on the lid though to.
View attachment 440633
View attachment 440635View attachment 440636View attachment 440637View attachment 440638
Wow, great score. Puts my two old types to shame. I will use mine, and wait to upgrade as I find them. Never stop looking, and enjoy the adventure.

View attachment 440633
View attachment 440635View attachment 440636View attachment 440637View attachment 440638

Man that is one good looking razor. I kind of like the patina actually. Great find!

Found these guys today at a junk store. A first quarter 1959 Gillette Fatboy, a 1951 Gillette tech with black plastic handle, a '48-'51 Aristocrat, and an Enders which I don't know anything about yet but it was thrown in for free. They're all pretty funky and the Aristocrat is missing the end caps but they should all clean up nicely and I'm gonna check with a jeweler I know about maybe having some endcaps made. I got a screaming deal on the lot so today was definitely a good day for hunting.

View attachment 440676View attachment 440678

Very Nice jmann.

You hit the sweet spot for a couple of BBers........They'll be along, shortly, to tell you how well you did. :thumbup:

Wow, great score. Puts my two old types to shame. I will use mine, and wait to upgrade as I find them. Never stop looking, and enjoy the adventure.
Thanks. I never thought I would be looking for old de razors. But I went to two places today. And will be looking more around town at the antique shops for more.

Man that is one good looking razor. I kind of like the patina actually. Great find!

And I to like the patina on it. Cant wait to see what it looks like all cleaned up.

I was lucky enough to stumble into this American Rocket from the 50s. Looks like it has had a easy life and still has that oily look on the lacquered doors.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 192
$0426141552[2].jpg$0426141553[1].jpg$0426141553d[1].jpg$0426141554[1].jpg$0426141554[1].jpg
I found this Schick set at an estate sale earlier today. I am not a Schick guy. Does anyone have more information about this set? All I know is that it is executive from 1976.

I found this Schick set at an estate sale earlier today. I am not a Schick guy. Does anyone have more information about this set? All I know is that it is executive from 1976.

Nice set. Did it come with a booklet? Does it have a copyright date 1965, like this one? http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/361103-Schick-Krona-Questions?p=5911903#post5911903

That particular Schick Krona razor design looks like 1964-65, and I think the Stainless Krona Edge blades in the "DO NOT WIPE" pack are from about the same time. So based on the copyright date and the design evidence, I believe those sets were made well before 1976.

See Schick_Krona for some details of the design changes.

This was a project. Sometimes $6.00 gets you a gem, sometimes you get a make work project. The handle was stuck in the open position and someone tried to open it and removed the handle from the base plate. After a brief soak in hot water with some dishwashing liquid added it did come apart. Then I had a 4 piece razor. After drying everything I did figure out how to get it back together almost correctly. As you can see from the photos the twist knob is too far away from the main handle barrel. It does work, and I am going to shave with it tomorrow. This is my first TTO razor. These are related to the British Rocket razors are they not.
$20140426_131218.jpg
$20140426_184602.jpg $20140426_184624.jpg

Yes I believe the Parat is a "Rocket" for the German market.

If the head is still loose, I wonder if you held the head in the open position and TTO knob if the handle would screw down to the knob?

Top Bottom