What's new

FS Rudy Vey Shavemac D01-2 Band and a Sugess Moonphase Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings fellow B&B'rs.

I continue to sell everything I own in preparation for a nomadic retirement next Summer. I am oh so close to having my shave den reduced to what many would say is not a shave den (now includes 3 razors, 4 brushes and 6 soaps). Blasphemy, I know. Today I offer the following...

Up first for your consideration is a recently purchased Rudy Vey the "Favorite" grey/butterscotch/ivory handle with a 24mm/48mm Shavemac D01-2 band knot. This is the 3rd handle like this that I have owned. it is truly a special handle shape and includes my favorite knot. This Shavemac D01-2 band knot has not been broken in completely and offers plenty of backbone, lots of scrub, but no scritch. It will only improve in softness over time. I have $150 into this brush. I am asking $110 delivered CONUS.
9C29F27B-39E8-48D7-A325-12AD99147198.jpeg

IMG_8858.jpeg

IMG_8860.jpeg

Next up is for those of us who love watches. I had posted this watch on the Watch Ya Wearing thread a few times and I thought maybe someone here would appreciate having this in their collection. The following is a Sugess (Hong Kong) with a Sea-Gull mechanical moonphase chronograph movement. This watch keeps amazingly good time and all functions work as they should. It punches way above its weight, wears and looks great on the wrist. The case measures 40mm without crown, 12mm thick and 22mm lugs. It comes with four additional straps and all the original packaging and instructions. I paid $230 plus an additional $50 in straps. I am asking $180 delivered CONUS.

IMG_8853.jpeg

IMG_8857.jpeg

IMG_8856.jpeg

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you!

It's Hedley

Last edited by a moderator:

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Great deal on both! Sea-Gull movements get good press and are said to be both accurate and bulletproof. RV brushes speak for themselves.

Just curious. Where will retirement take you? Or will you know when you get there? In any case, enjoy!

GLWTS and congratulations on your upcoming retirement!
GLWTS Thomas, I would love to see what you are keeping for your retirement 👍
Great deal on both! Sea-Gull movements get good press and are said to be both accurate and bulletproof. RV brushes speak for themselves.

Just curious. Where will retirement take you? Or will you know when you get there? In any case, enjoy!
Wonderful sale, Tom! I’m going to miss seeing these when you have ended the retirement purge.
Thank you gentlemen!

Mrs It's Hedley and I are planning on retiring in Valencia, Spain, at least for the first year. We will begin our visa application in March and hope we are approved for a move next September (visa application takes about 6 months) . We are downsizing up until we sell our residence next Summer. Quite the daunting task, but exciting too.

The following is my den, less soaps and aftershaves, which still may get a final tweak before the bags are packed. That's a Wolfman WR2 1.15SB, Gillette New SC and Gillette Pre-war Tech. Brushes are Rudy Vey, Shavemac and 2 WolfWhiskers, all with Shavemac D01-2 band fans. Three years of buying and selling and this is what it has come down to.

IMG_8862.jpeg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Thank you gentlemen!

Mrs It's Hedley and I are planning on retiring in Valencia, Spain, at least for the first year. We will begin our visa application in March and hope we are approved for a move next September (visa application takes about 6 months) . We are downsizing up until we sell our residence next Summer. Quite the daunting task, but exciting too.

The following is my den, less soaps and aftershaves, which still may get a final tweak before the bags are packed. That's a Wolfman WR2 1.15SB, Gillette New SC and Gillette Pre-war Tech. Brushes are Rudy Vey, Shavemac and 2 WolfWhiskers, all with Shavemac D01-2 band fans. Three years of buying and selling and this is what it has come down to.

View attachment 1364708
Very nice! A very manageable rotation of stuff that should still offer enough variety to keep you interested. :)

We share the same opinion of the Pre-War Tech. :cool:

Thank you gentlemen!

View attachment 1364708
Love your den. I’m also a recent convert to Shavemac knots. I’ve got two of the 2-band silver tips (not D01s) that are my current faves. I need to try a D01 at some point too.

Beautiful brush! Valencia is one of my favorite places - Malvarrosa beach is a great place to swim. My wife and I have stayed at the Las Arenas many times. Also gifts and care is based in town so easy to re-stock essentials, Erika’s Originals for watch straps. I wish you a great time in a great place!

Love your den. I’m also a recent convert to Shavemac knots. I’ve got two of the 2-band silver tips (not D01s) that are my current faves. I need to try a D01 at some point too.
The D01-2 band can be as soft as the standard 2 band silvertip, but just sturdier, which I love. If the D01-2 band is set too low, it might take a while longer to break in, but you will eventually be rewarded. That is what I did not like about the standard 2 band silvertip, it would get too soft for me after breaking in. That's what buying and selling 50 plus brushes taught me in the past few years. Not a cheap experiment, but fun nonetheless.

Beautiful brush! Valencia is one of my favorite places - Malvarrosa beach is a great place to swim. My wife and I have stayed at the Las Arenas many times. Also gifts and care is based in town so easy to re-stock essentials, Erika’s Originals for watch straps. I wish you a great time in a great place!
Thanks for the kind words. We know we will love living in Valencia, exploring Spain and beyond. We also plan on spending a couple of months each year in Asia, so we don't plan on settling down, that's for sure. Good to know about Gifts and Care and Erika's. I have to keep my hobbies going as well, even if scaled back!

Not as many watch lovers as I thought on the forum. I am wearing the Sugess today in honor of the full moon (Beaver Moon) and I know it will make someone very happy. I will offer it up through the weekend for $150 CONUS. Crazy, I know!

IMG_8864.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom