What's new

Rudy Vey Custom Shaving Brushes and Restorations

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
I just realized I hit over a half million views in my ongoing post! Wow, I am impressed!

Rudy Vey

Guys, I am out of the country all next week and may have very little time (and bad internet connection for sure...), so all emails and pm's will be answered after I return on the 2nd of July.

Rudy Vey

I am getting quite frequently brush for restoration, mostly to remove an old knot and put a new one in.
In some cases, the brush had been re-knotted before I get it to redo, or change to a different quality knot.
In the last months, I have had two cases where inside the brush, under the knot someone put a piece of metal, mostly a one cent piece.
This is trouble!! The drill bit I am using are Forstner style bits and meant for wood or resins. They are not meant to drill trough metal.
The result is that the bit stalls, and even can jump slightly which results in a breakout on the rim of the hole. I do not know who does this, but I advise against it totally. If you need to shim a knot, use a slice of cork, that is what I use. If you need to add weight, then drill out the handle slightly deeper and use fishing lead shot, small pieces add quite a bit of weight if needed. If I am asked to add weight, then I use small BB and #7 shot and encase it in epoxy glue.

Please, if you send me a brush for restoration, let me know if there is a chance that a coin is inside under the knot.

THIS HAPPENED AGAIN TODAY - Please, do not use coins, like copper plated steel cents, under a knot. Use soft lead, and if you need to shim for loft, use cork slices like I do.

Got this beauty in yesterday:

proxy.php

Post bloom:

proxy.php

Cool logo:

proxy.php

Silvertip 2 band from Shavemac that measured about 24.5 x 48. I wanted something less dense than my 25x48 and this fits the bill. Hair is softer overall and it's a bit smaller but not nearly as scrubby. Tips are more gel like than my old Shavemac 2-band but not quite as soft in places. I think it will break in a bit as it changed dramatically over the test lathers last night.

Thanks Rudy!

Got this beauty in yesterday:

proxy.php

Post bloom:

proxy.php

Cool logo:

proxy.php

Silvertip 2 band from Shavemac that measured about 24.5 x 48. I wanted something less dense than my 25x48 and this fits the bill. Hair is softer overall and it's a bit smaller but not nearly as scrubby. Tips are more gel like than my old Shavemac 2-band but not quite as soft in places. I think it will break in a bit as it changed dramatically over the test lathers last night.

Thanks Rudy!

Stunning brush. Congrats.

Rudy Vey

Got a couple of smaller Shavemac two-band silvertip knots in both fan and bulb on hand, great for face lather or for a travel brush.
Also, a nice D01 two band fan, was ordered for a customer but then decided against it.

Just wanted to add a bit of admiration. I've been scrolling through this forum posting and have seen some beautiful work...looks like I need to start saving up for my next brush!

Rudy Vey

Some customers comments, makes me happy to get feedback from my customers....

"Rudy,

[FONT=&quot]Thanks so much. I love the brush!!"

[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]"Hi, Rudy,[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The brush arrived yesterday, and what a beauty it is! Pictures don’t do it justice. Impressive craftsmanship![/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The weight, size & shape of the handle are incredible. Without a doubt, the most comfortable grip I’ve experienced in a shaving brush. It feels so natural to use.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [FONT=&quot]The knot is impressive as well. When I first ran my fingers through the knot I thought it might not have quite the density or backbone that I was looking for, and I started to wonder if the D01 2-band silvertip was what I might need next. However, I palm lathered some D.R. Harris Windsor soap and then some Haslinger Schafmilch Rasierseife, and I was relatively pleased with the experience. Next I face lathered some Barrister & Mann Seville soap, and my, oh my, did that prove that my initial doubts about the knot were dead wrong. The density & backbone are perfect for face lathering! You are certainly a master of your trade."[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"Hi, Rudy,[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I wanted to thank you again for crafting such a wonderful shaving brush for me! I’ve been using if for a few weeks now, and it is, in deed, the shaving brush that I had been dreaming of! It’s got it all!"[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[MENTION=17439]Rudy Vey[/MENTION] - let me add my customer comment...

I got this handle from you last Spring and it is both gorgeous and functional - it fits perfectly in my fingers and compliments the Envy White Supreme knot wonderfully. And, I always get great comments and "What brush is that!?" when I post in the SOTD thread.

Thank you!!

$2016-04-03 at 00-00-00 (1).jpg

Top Bottom