What's new

Rooney 3/2 Finest in Faux Horn

This just arrived from Vintage Blades. What Jim described to me about the brush during the selection process was totally misleading - as in an understatement! This brush is gorgeous! My photos do not do the handle justice and oh by the way, that's a 60mm loft.

More later after my first lathering, but this could be a lot of fun! :thumbup1:

Attachments

• $P1010990.jpg
    $P1010990.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 519
. . . and nice photos! I can actually see your reflection in the first two photos. As a recent arrival into the 'rooney' club, I share your enthusiasm for your new brush!

K

Congrads! I got a 3/2 finest about a month ago and I can tell you that you are in a lather fest every day you use it.

Take Care,
Richard

I've been looking at this brush with a different handle. You're making me reconsider my previous selection. Let me know how things go after you use it for a while.

Ever the oneupsman! I am especially partial to the flat bottom of the handle, the coloration looks great. After I get a Beehive 1, I am thinking about a 1/1 Super in Faux Horn. Nice brush pal :thumbup1:

A few quick pics with the Finest in pre-, post-bloom. This is a big brush. In the lineup photo, for size comparison (L-R): Shavemac 220, Rooney 3/2 Finest, Stubby 2 Heritage, 1/2 Super, Simpson Chubby 2 Super. Awesome lather machine, but more impressions when I have a little more time...:001_smile

Dunno why there's not much talk about the Rooney mediums. I got a 1/2 for the sig.other's son (photo here) and it's a doggone nice looking brush at what I reckon to be a very good price (Super Silvertip, too).

Dunno why there's not much talk about the Rooney mediums. I got a 1/2 for the sig.other's son (photo here) and it's a doggone nice looking brush at what I reckon to be a very good price (Super Silvertip, too).

Yep, the Size 1 gets a lot of press (deservedly so) but as you can see in my photo above, I prefer the Size 2 for overall use. Then again, this Finest "Medium" is more like an XL! :tongue_sm

Top Bottom