What's new

Roo Tail

68B7A312-6BFB-4FCA-83C9-BCCAEDD0C360.jpeg
I just received this 3” Roo tail from the only source here in the USA. Wow, what an awesome strop that made my edge even better. The draw is slick and fast. The rough side is similar to fire hose in that it really refines an edge. I’m super happy to add this to my den.

If you are interested in buying one, let me know because I can give you the gentleman’s contact information. I paid $90 shipped to my door.

You can also make bagpipe bags out of roo leather - very good in hot dry climates such as Australia as they don't dry out as much.
cheers
Andrew

The last time I tried to strop a razor on a roo tail, the bugger kicked me square in the nardlies.

Stone the flamin' crows mate - djava try stroppin' 60 passes on a big boomer? The bastard dragged me fair past the black stump, almost half way to Woop Woop before I let go o' the mongrel!

I have one for a travel strop. Thin, and rolls easily for transport. Great draw and finally something we can get cheaper here in Aus.

View attachment 1289232I just received this 3” Roo tail from the only source here in the USA. Wow, what an awesome strop that made my edge even better. The draw is slick and fast. The rough side is similar to fire hose in that it really refines an edge. I’m super happy to add this to my den.

If you are interested in buying one, let me know because I can give you the gentleman’s contact information. I paid $90 shipped to my door.
New to the site very informative If you have any information available about the person selling Roo Leather I would be very grateful.

I made my strop from roo skin. Not sure if it's tail though. Bought the skin from a seller in Australia and the hardware from AliExpress.

As @ebonysw45 said above, it has a great draw and rolls easily for travel.

The leather is very strong given how thin it is

Top Bottom