What's new

Bell & Hat Brand Kangaroo Razor Strop

timwcic

"Look what I found"
Been looking for a Roo strop for a while to add to the den. Jumped on this when I seen it available and it came with a mystery. Can’t find much info on its history. The little bit I have found has been here contained in the B&B links below. From the group that made Bell & Hat Brand Straight Razors. Seems that the parts for the razors came from across the country before final Assembly. No info on who, where, when the strops were made or available from. Might have been sold thru Superior Shave for a time. It’s a big boy, cut three inches wide of thin and supple leather. Very similar to Horween Shell Cordovan in quality and draw but does have a different look and texture. Looking to some of the scars in the leather, these animals must have had a rough life in the wild. Has some scars from years of use but not abused. Nothing that can’t be worked out with a kiss of fine grit paper. Just took for a test drive and it has a fast, glass like draw under the steel. Came with a black synthetic web for a second, that’s going to go. Overall well constructed and well welcomed to my den

C9C6BFD4-064C-4F9D-93BC-DBC57237073F.jpeg
9110EA83-D909-4E61-AD8F-D09F44EB37CF.jpeg
4C3D3E21-3946-46A3-AC11-8F70E35FDDC1.jpeg
086BCC20-6C0C-473D-A4C9-63E1B319E0B4.jpeg
7ED3F0D9-F4F6-4EEB-82E1-70B7ABCC7D27.jpeg

Last edited:

Legion

Staff member
Interesting. I’ve not heard of the brand, but the leather looks like an aged version of my daily used strop. Pretty cool find.

Top Bottom