What's new

Ronnie James Dio dead at 67

One of the greatest voices in metal, arguably in all of rock, has died. From what I've read of it, he was going through chemotherapy for stomach cancer, and he lost the battle.

Just woke up to the news.....bloody shame.

The voice of post-Ozzy Sabbath, Rainbow, Dio and H&H, gone.

The metal world has lost one of its true heroes.

Everyone do yourself a favour and listen to Rising and Holy Diver today.

I just read it. Strange how I had the urge to put on Holy Diver in my car over the last couple days. Another great one lost. That makes two metal singers I was a big fan of lost in the last month.

I just saw him in concert two short years ago at Jones Beach, NY.

You've nothing to say
Oh, They're breaking away
And take you right back around
You're all fools
The Mob Rules

Last edited:
I heard this around lunch from the radio station. I couldn't believe it. I'm still in shock. Dio was one of my most loved vocalists and I liked him as a person even more. I didn't know him personally but today is a very very sad day for me. The fact that I will never see him live is disappointing as well.

Wow. I saw him a couple of times with Heaven & Hell and it never occurred to me that that would be my only chance to see him live. This is shocking.

I just read it. Strange how I had the urge to put on Holy Diver in my car over the last couple days. Another great one lost. That makes two metal singers I was a big fan of lost in the last month.

I'm scared to ask, but who was the other?

Last edited:
Yeah I saw him with Heaven & Hell a couple years ago, and always hoped he would come back here and play some Dio songs. A couple weeks ago it sounded like he was getting better they even booked tour dates. I am sad.

I heard about this the other day as well.

I don't know if there are any Type O Negative fans among us but bassest/vocal player Peter Steele died just last month of a heart failure.

Top Bottom