What's new

Rocnel Elite in brass for 79 Euro? Or something else?

How does the new Rocnel in brass compare to other razors? At 79€ with 25€ in USA shipping, it is a bit spendy but, compared to something like the Lambda razors or a Wolfman Guerilla, not too bad.

I have been looking at various brass DE razors and this one out of Turkey caught my attention. I have seen conflicting information on it with a 1.4mm blade gap and zero blade exposure along with other comments about less gap and some blade exposure.

At roughly 1/3 the price of the stainless alternative, I wonder how different it really is. Sure brass is easier to mill so less tooling expense and machine time. Is the Rocnel brass formulation going to tarnish easily?

This is about half the cost of a Wolfman Guerilla and it seems the company behind Karve has one in brass as well. What all brass 'quality' DE razors am I overlooking in the $100 range? Which ones make the best daily drivers for an easy carefree daily shave?

TIA,
Sid

What all brass 'quality' DE razors am I overlooking in the $100 range? Which ones make the best daily drivers for an easy carefree daily shave?
This might be a cheap alternative. I don't own this razor, so can't comment about it though...

How does the new Rocnel in brass compare to other razors? At 79€ with 25€ in USA shipping, it is a bit spendy but, compared to something like the Lambda razors or a Wolfman Guerilla, not too bad.

I have been looking at various brass DE razors and this one out of Turkey caught my attention. I have seen conflicting information on it with a 1.4mm blade gap and zero blade exposure along with other comments about less gap and some blade exposure.

At roughly 1/3 the price of the stainless alternative, I wonder how different it really is. Sure brass is easier to mill so less tooling expense and machine time. Is the Rocnel brass formulation going to tarnish easily?

This is about half the cost of a Wolfman Guerilla and it seems the company behind Karve has one in brass as well. What all brass 'quality' DE razors am I overlooking in the $100 range? Which ones make the best daily drivers for an easy carefree daily shave?

TIA,
Sid
The brass Elite appears to be simplified a bit compared to the steel one - at least you can see the safety bar is smooth and without the prominent scalloping that the steel razor has. Nevertheless, I’m assuming the measurements and design are basically the same, and I am a big fan of the way the steel Elite shaves. There’s a thread on the 2022 Elite and you can read my views and others’ here….

Post in thread 'Rocnel Elite'
Rocnel Elite - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/rocnel-elite.631170/post-11984601

For me the Elite is configured just right as a mild-medium and quite efficient shaver. Pretty much in the sweet spot and both smoother and more efficient than most. I would rank my Athena a little bit above it, but the Elite is still one of my best razors and I would be more than happy if it was my only razor. I haven’t tried a Guerilla. I thought the Elite was very comparable to the Blutt BR-1 with 1.20 plate, which is another really excellent razor. Side by side, the Blutt was a tiny bit smoother and the Elite a tiny bit more efficient, for me. And definitely a razor that can give you a reliable, very close shave, with surprising comfort and gentleness.

If the brass Elite shaves like my steel one (and the relative softness and warmth of brass may even be an improvement) I think it will be an exceptional razor for €79. Of course nobody actually has one so we can’t know for sure. I’ve ordered one, FWIW.

Last edited:
Top Bottom