What's new

Rockwell 6s vs Karve CB vs Razorock GC

Rockwell 6s vs Karve CB vs Razorock GC

• Total voters
I have only used the Karve and 6s. Of the two the Karve is the clear winner for me. Its design gives it a great glide (SB and OC) and it's one of those razors that I just enjoy using. I suspect a combination of its weight, handle length and plate design make it very smooth for me on the ATG shave using any plate.

When I started with the Karve I used the C SB plate. I ordered a B OC plate and found that was too mild. I have since ordered a D and E OC plate and am using a D SB plate until they get here.
I did exactly the same as you when I started out with my Karve. Now I like the "D" OC plate best of all, but also enjoy the "D" SB. The "E" SB & OC work well for me, but require more attention.

I did exactly the same as you when I started out with my Karve. Now I like the "D" OC plate best of all, but also enjoy the "D" SB. The "E" SB & OC work well for me, but require more attention.

Speaking of requiring more attention, when I used the OC plate for the first time I was so amazed by the glide that I was merrily buffing along not realizing I was in Adam's Apple territory and I paid the price. It was nothing that a little Proraso repair gel couldn't fix.

Hi guys. I just received a Karve CB after months of anticipation. I have been using my Razorock GC as a daily driver for about a year and my Rockwell 6s for a few years prior to that. At similar price points and adjustability options, I love all 3. I have a favorite, but curious what everyone else thinks.
1BBABEDF-B319-4DF3-8B74-88E6409DDBC2.jpeg
For me it’s simple. This is a Karve SS C plate SB. Below is a Rockwell 6S plate 4. Both loaded with a GSB. Can you see the blade geometry difference? You need to ride the cap of the Karve. I get a bit more skipping. Rockwell (although bulkier and not as handsome) is more efficient and gives me a better shave. Will sell the Karve.

Attachments

• 28B0981A-1559-4039-AC3B-A5C88DC49C57.jpeg
    28B0981A-1559-4039-AC3B-A5C88DC49C57.jpeg
    5.1 MB · Views: 55
View attachment 1325005For me it’s simple. This is a Karve SS C plate SB. Below is a Rockwell 6S plate 4. Both loaded with a GSB. Can you see the blade geometry difference? You need to ride the cap of the Karve. I get a bit more skipping. Rockwell (although bulkier and not as handsome) is more efficient and gives me a better shave. Will sell the Karve.
I hope this helps, no one ever shows this view, they tend to talk blade gap and exposure but that doesn’t tell you much.

View attachment 1325005For me it’s simple. This is a Karve SS C plate SB. Below is a Rockwell 6S plate 4. Both loaded with a GSB. Can you see the blade geometry difference? You need to ride the cap of the Karve. I get a bit more skipping. Rockwell (although bulkier and not as handsome) is more efficient and gives me a better shave. Will sell the Karve.
I sold my karve too a few months ago. I ended up fighting with it the whole time I had it. Beautiful razor. Man I wish I enjoyed it. I almost want to buy your ss and go through it again it was so attractive. Meanwhile dusted off the Rockwell today for the first time in months and shaved like a dream. Ugly as **** though man. I hate the feel and look of that thing.

I've only used the Rockwell 6S and the RR GC .84 sb and I find the GC much better on my skin and beard, even though it's not crazy efficient. Those who like extra mild razors are probably going to like the Rockwell a bit better., but I wouldn't recommend it for people with a soft spot for more efficient and nimble razors.

I’ve used a 6S for about a year. The majority of the time I used plate 6. I wish there was a plate 7/8. I wanted to try something more aggressive. I picked up a Karve kit and also added an E plate. I’m using the C right now, so far so good.

Im curious to see how the D and E plates shave. On the upside, there’s even more headroom with the F and G plates. As Nigel from Spinal Tap would say, “I can turn the knob to eleven”.

I have no plans on selling my 6S. It’s a good razor. I’m sure that the GC is a solid razor as well. All good choices.

I have both the Karve and the Rockwell. Both are smooth shavers, but the Karve gives my face a better, closer shave while being just as smooth with the same blade feel (for me, none is what I like (now)). Rockwell 4 is my favorite and my travel shaver. Karve B & C are my preferred plates over the Rockwell at home though.

Top Bottom