What's new

Rex Envoy Handle?

Folks, I bought a Rockwell 6S and it is the best razor of the lot. I don't like the handle on it. I tried using AS-D2 handle with 6S head + plate and it feels a little loose. May be metric M5 vs 10-32 threads.

I am wondering if I can buy Rex Envoy just for its handle and stick a 6S head on it? Just wanted to confirm here before I pull the $150 trigger.

Does anyone here have the Rex Envoy as well as 6S? The other tricky thing is that the 6S baseplate has only so much room for the handle (between the bars). It'd be great if someone can please measure the top outer diameter of the Rex Envoy handle.

Thank you!

I don't know about the Envoy but my Razorock handles fit my 6C and they have several different designs. Maggards also has a lot of different handles.

Seems to work fine
IMG_2641.jpeg

IMG_2642.jpeg

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
The Rockwell handle uses 10-32 thread, many modern razors use M5x0.8 thread. There’s a 5% difference in diameter and a 1% difference in thread pitch....

Rockwell also confirmed the news. But since the difference is small, the 10-32 head will fit fine in a regular M5 handle, just be careful not to over-tighten it.

Switched my envoy handle with the 6s, never thought to do it until reading this thread. WOW
the difference is amazing in both looks and performance. Thanks for the idea.

Top Bottom