What's new

Revisiting rules of the monthly photo challenge.

Long time no see.

I've always viewed the rules as a guide as to how to play along, not a hard and fast set of constraints.
I think the spirt of the challenge is getting out and taking photos for the challenge and submitting a single best photo. With that said if you say took a photo a few weeks earlier with the theme in mind, I don't see any issue in allowing it to be posted. Maybe a max age of two month but preferably taken for the challenge would work, if you still wanted to allow past photos but define the age limit.

The time zone never bothered me and I'm in NZ, so are almost a day ahead of most members in time. I always just let it ride a extra day from my time which seemed close enough.

Just my 2 cents. You guys own this great long standing challenge, so it's totally up to you guys how this is played.
This is the same way I interpret the rules.

On more than one occasion I've entered old photos, usually disclosed that it was old, but may not have the first time or two. But I'm fine with changing it to has to be taken in response to the challenge, if that's what others want. Just think the rules should be clearer or we should stop telling people not to enter old photos. I think it would be a much more inviting thread if at least the regulars knew the rules.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Would you be a good chap and send me the winning lottery numbers for tomorrow? :)

Sure....NZ lotto for 24th August. I won $15 and a bonus ticket...…. woo......hoo.

Capture.JPG

Top Bottom