What's new

Review: A&E Kaizen

This was a great review of Kaizen by Hannah's Dad. I've been using it for the past week, and it is the best performing soap that I have used - best lather, best cushion, best slickness, best post shave - just amazing. Lathers like marshmallows or something, a step above DG, Siero, M&M and even GD for me. The scent is another matter - just okay to my nose, and scent is very important to me. It's out of this world, though, so I ordered the Peach & Cognac as soon as it came out for club members, and will probably order the others until I find a scent that I love, it's that good and I'm that addicted! Thanks again HD for calling out how good this one is.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
This was a great review of Kaizen by Hannah's Dad. I've been using it for the past week, and it is the best performing soap that I have used - best lather, best cushion, best slickness, best post shave - just amazing. Lathers like marshmallows or something, a step above DG, Siero, M&M and even GD for me. The scent is another matter - just okay to my nose, and scent is very important to me. It's out of this world, though, so I ordered the Peach & Cognac as soon as it came out for club members, and will probably order the others until I find a scent that I love, it's that good and I'm that addicted! Thanks again HD for calling out how good this one is.
Yes, that Peach and Cognac sounds like a winner, too.

I'm on the fence.. Khalifa which is my favorite scent from A&E is coming out in a couple of weeks in the Kaizen base. The Peach and Cognac just released..... Just purchased the Kaizen a few weeks ago... Never mind, I have no self restraint.. Off the fence now and getting both!! :mad2:

I bought Kaizen but it’s just not for me. It’s too pungent and reminds me a little of gardenia. Some people will enjoy this soap I’m sure but it gives me a slight headache.

Far too pungent and the scent was artificial and synthetic. Performance is absolutely fantastic though.

Hoping Peach is not built on the same blueprint.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Well, I thought my days of chasing the latest and greatest soap base were over. I’ve been quite content with M&M, B&M, DG, GD and some of the well-known classics. I’ve seen Ariana & Evans mentioned countless times on ‘Top 10’ lists, and I wanted to see what the hype was about.

Boy, I’m glad I pulled the trigger on their new Kaizen. After ordering, I received a personal email from Peter, thanking me for the purchase. I responded to that email and he even sent a second friendly email. Great customer bonding, right there. Product shipped quickly and I received it tonight.

The scent immediately conjured images and memories of carnivals or church fairs, cheerful notes and really pleasant vibes. I can’t really ID scent notes, but it simply just smells ‘happy’ to me. I could really use some of that.

I dampened my trusty Graydog synth and gently swirled maybe 10-12 times directly on the soft base soap. Went to the face and WOW did this create a luxurious, copious amount of lather. Crazy slick and very consistent. More creamy than yogurty (as with, for example, B&M Reserve), this soap provided me 2 solid passes and when I applied the brush remnants for some touch up, the slickness and sheen was simply awesome.

My skin post-shave feels very soft and supple (not tight at all) and the scent has lingered for a while since the shave.

Are we living in the golden age of soap artisans, or what!? I am so glad I ventured into the world of A&E. If you’re on the fence on this one, it’s time to jump off. Well done, A&E.
View attachment 1109329

The A&E Kaizen Soap and AS Balm arrived Saturday! :)

I have it slotted in for my Tuesday shave and will report back. :)

I received a replacement package from ariana and Evan's after my original order went missing in the US Postal Service system for more than 3 months. Asian plum was one of the soaps in the package but i noted from the label that the base has changed to kaizen.

I have to say that asian plum is my favourite sent so far from ariana and Evan's and one of the best scents I have had so far from a shaving soap. I cannot describe it with words but it isna very nice fruity fragrance to me.

This soap is also the first a & e soap that dowsnt have the mild burning sensation I usually experience with a & e and declaration grooming soaps.

The performance was nice though it sidnt seem to be stringy and cottage cheese like I found with the undersea Kaizen base previously. Asian plum has a scent that is much more likeable than the undersea scent though!

I went with the whole smash on Opuntia. EdP, Soap, Shower. Gel. If I pick a day for SV, I am very happy. It is strong at first, but the dry down is subtle, and lasts forever, but the softer fragrance notes are what linger. The wife likes it. You have to be correctly expectant of the soap performance though. It's began, so takes a bit of work to get the lather right, and IMHO, will never be as good as a tallow based soap. It works, but don't expect what beef tallow gives you.

Top Bottom