What's new

Review: A&E Kaizen

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Well, I thought my days of chasing the latest and greatest soap base were over. I’ve been quite content with M&M, B&M, DG, GD and some of the well-known classics. I’ve seen Ariana & Evans mentioned countless times on ‘Top 10’ lists, and I wanted to see what the hype was about.

Boy, I’m glad I pulled the trigger on their new Kaizen. After ordering, I received a personal email from Peter, thanking me for the purchase. I responded to that email and he even sent a second friendly email. Great customer bonding, right there. Product shipped quickly and I received it tonight.

The scent immediately conjured images and memories of carnivals or church fairs, cheerful notes and really pleasant vibes. I can’t really ID scent notes, but it simply just smells ‘happy’ to me. I could really use some of that.

I dampened my trusty Graydog synth and gently swirled maybe 10-12 times directly on the soft base soap. Went to the face and WOW did this create a luxurious, copious amount of lather. Crazy slick and very consistent. More creamy than yogurty (as with, for example, B&M Reserve), this soap provided me 2 solid passes and when I applied the brush remnants for some touch up, the slickness and sheen was simply awesome.

My skin post-shave feels very soft and supple (not tight at all) and the scent has lingered for a while since the shave.

Are we living in the golden age of soap artisans, or what!? I am so glad I ventured into the world of A&E. If you’re on the fence on this one, it’s time to jump off. Well done, A&E.
34FB9879-5A96-4043-9FAC-0065E6098114.jpeg

I haven’t tried this base yet but Peter does great stuff. He’s caught a lot of flack from various people, but if you judge just on the quality of the product it’s hard to not be impressed.

Well, I thought my days of chasing the latest and greatest soap base were over. I’ve been quite content with M&M, B&M, DG, GD and some of the well-known classics. I’ve seen Ariana & Evans mentioned countless times on ‘Top 10’ lists, and I wanted to see what the hype was about.

Boy, I’m glad I pulled the trigger on their new Kaizen. After ordering, I received a personal email from Peter, thanking me for the purchase. I responded to that email and he even sent a second friendly email. Great customer bonding, right there. Product shipped quickly and I received it tonight.

The scent immediately conjured images and memories of carnivals or church fairs, cheerful notes and really pleasant vibes. I can’t really ID scent notes, but it simply just smells ‘happy’ to me. I could really use some of that.

I dampened my trusty Graydog synth and gently swirled maybe 10-12 times directly on the soft base soap. Went to the face and WOW did this create a luxurious, copious amount of lather. Crazy slick and very consistent. More creamy than yogurty (as with, for example, B&M Reserve), this soap provided me 2 solid passes and when I applied the brush remnants for some touch up, the slickness and sheen was simply awesome.

My skin post-shave feels very soft and supple (not tight at all) and the scent has lingered for a while since the shave.

Are we living in the golden age of soap artisans, or what!? I am so glad I ventured into the world of A&E. If you’re on the fence on this one, it’s time to jump off. Well done, A&E.
View attachment 1109329
I bought the Kaizen soap too and have been waiting for it to ship, it's been 6 days since I ordered it[emoji17].
Hope to get it soon as I can't wait to try it! Read great things about A&E so I took the plunge.
proxy.php

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Hannah's Dad

I bought the Kaizen soap too and have been waiting for it to ship, it's been 6 days since I ordered it[emoji17].
Hope to get it soon as I can't wait to try it! Read great things about A&E so I took the plunge.
proxy.php

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
You might get it today. Mine took a week from order to delivery. Not bad considering all the craziness.

I read a post from @Rustyshackelford earlier this week regarding A&E Kaizen and knew I was in trouble. I saw the title of your thread and told myself "don't open it". I opened it anyway. I read your first couple of words and told myself "stop reading, walk away from the computer, and be happy with what you have in your stash already". I kept reading. And now I'm looking for my credit card. Thanks a lot @Hannah's Dad :)

Hannah's Dad

I read a post from @Rustyshackelford earlier this week regarding A&E Kaizen and knew I was in trouble. I saw the title of your thread and told myself "don't open it". I opened it anyway. I read your first couple of words and told myself "stop reading, walk away from the computer, and be happy with what you have in your stash already". I kept reading. And now I'm looking for my credit card. Thanks a lot @Hannah's Dad :)
I’m sorry, my friend.

View attachment 1109329
Congratulations Dan on your Kaizen Purchase. Welcome to the club my friend.. Not to tease but his next soap from the Kaizen base is dropping any day now.. Peach and Cognac scent profile, checked the club site at least 10 times today hoping it would pop up..

Top Bottom