What's new

Respect for Old Type

:001_tt1:
Bought this for $10 CONUS on Ebay during the outage. Included (of course) a scabby Schick PP blade, after a thorough cleaning loaded a fresh Derby and said to myself - hey, this head is exactly the same as my deutscheoptik.com "french army" DE - getting the blade even on both sides is kind of a *****, but once you get it set up, the shave is what I call "brainlessly excellent" - close as hell, but safe as heaven.

I am willing to bet that all of the head dimensions on the 'french army' knockoff are identical to the old-type - the shave is identical, and that's a good thing!:w00t:

I also feel the old-style gives an excellent shave. They look "mean" but the shave is very very close, yet smooth.

Your handle is in a lot better shape than the one I found for $5 in an antique shop. My had 2 spits on opposite sites that both run about 95% of the length of the handle. The handle is black with oxidation & Gunk... But the head itself looked almost new.

A couple drops of gorilla glue, clamps, and sitting over night, and the handle was "fixed" well enough to shave. I've been using it as my travel razor.

Top Bottom