What's new

Reinstate Pete Rose ???

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
MJB said:
Even if he were to go in it should mention his circumstance on the name plate so that people don't idolize him and that being said if I were him I would want to be left out.

Wouldn't that go against the entire notion of a hall of fame?

Why not induct Bob Uecker? His plaque could be inscribed, "He sucked!"

I wish he would be re-instated just for the fact that he is the all time hit leader. He probably won't be and that's a shame. However, he did know that betting is illegal and I guess that's the punishment he'll have to bear. Don't get me started on this so called "commissioner":cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

I think he needs to be kept out simply as a deterrent against current and future players making the same mistakes. His baseball record certainly is deserving of a HOF plaque, but somewhere along the line you have to make an example out of someone if you want to keep the shady stuff out of the game. Shoeless Joe is a completely different story -- it's generally accepted that he didn't actually do anything to fix the games, and its a crying shame that he won't ever reclaim his good name, even posthumously.

Nevertheless, I think the bigger punishment is the permanent lifetime ban from baseball, which prevents him from any association with any entity as a coach, owner, broadcaster, etc. For the typical .260 hitter, this will likely be a bigger deterrent than finding yourself on the Cooperstown blacklist.

Keep him out for the sole reason that he always made the lives of Cubs fans miserable. He always seemed to come up with the big play against them back in the day.

Plus his radio show was awful.

jduffy said:
Keep him out for the sole reason that he always made the lives of Cubs fans miserable. He always seemed to come up with the big play against them back in the day.

Plus his radio show was awful.

Really?

1. He is a liar.

2. He bet on baseball- while managing!

3. He only wants HOF after his name for the money he can make.

4. As the "Hit King" he deserves to be in, but

5. As "Charlie Hustle", count your fingers and toes when dealing with him.

6. On every clubhouse entryway there is a sign, if you bet on baseball, you will be banned from the game- how many times in his career did he see this sign and couldn't care less?

7. He is this generation's example (like Shoeless Joe) of one who did not follow the rules and got caught.

Marty

Top Bottom