What's new

Reel vs Other push mowers

What kind of push mower should I get?

• Old school reel

• gas

• electric

• steam

Results are only viewable after voting.
I am thankful every day that I do not live in a neighborhood that is run by such a fascist organization :001_smile

You know it was a really hard choice. I looked over all of the paperwork and then talked to a few people who live on the street and even the VP of the HOA and as long as you mantain you stuff it's really not a big deal.

I keep my yard tight, pick up my trash cans and keep my fence in good shape so I really don't see many issues. I want to build a porch out back and when I was talking to the VP about it and sketched it out he said it seemed way over built and as long as I didn't want to paint it a crazy color it would be approved.

I get what they are trying to do and while I don't "like" it I can deal with it to know the folks next door wont be doing crazy stuff and leaving crap in the yard.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
You know it was a really hard choice. I looked over all of the paperwork and then talked to a few people who live on the street and even the VP of the HOA and as long as you mantain you stuff it's really not a big deal.

I keep my yard tight, pick up my trash cans and keep my fence in good shape so I really don't see many issues. I want to build a porch out back and when I was talking to the VP about it and sketched it out he said it seemed way over built and as long as I didn't want to paint it a crazy color it would be approved.

I get what they are trying to do and while I don't "like" it I can deal with it to know the folks next door wont be doing crazy stuff and leaving crap in the yard.

I got lucky, I moved in to an older neighborhood with older residents. People keep up their place pretty decent. It will work until I retire, when I plan on getting about 20 acres in Texas Hill country and get away from everyone.

We looked at some older houses but this one was too nice to pass up and the price was great! It is a good compromise between town and country (I can thow a golf ball in the lake/stock tank from my drive way)

When it comes down to it, it is what it is. I always said I would never live anywhere with an HOA, I geuss thats what I get for saying never :lol:

I got lucky, I moved in to an older neighborhood with older residents. People keep up their place pretty decent. It will work until I retire, when I plan on getting about 20 acres in Texas Hill country and get away from everyone.

I used to shave with a Reel mower. My experience was that it was nice if you didn't skip a week or hit a twig. IF you have a lot of twigs in your yard you will need to go on twig patrol first. If you skip a week it really is no fun at all.

I switched to a electric with a chord. Don't have to mess with gas and no emmissions. I do need to run a pattern to avoid the chord. Basically passes incrementally farther away from the wall outlet.

I don't like gas mowers.

Yeah I would not use a corded mower, I bet it is a real pain. I won't have to worry about twigs for a while they just planted 2 small trees in the front and there are none in the back. I know trees are nice but I welcome not having to spend 2 weeks a year trimming and hauling tree branches off to burn!

Top Bottom