What's new

Red Wing Work Chukka

Does anyone here have a pair of Red Wing Work Chukkas? If so, what is your normal shoe size and what size did you buy your RW chukkas?

I normally wear a size 12. I have some RW Iron Rangers I got in size 11.5 and they fit great. From what I read about the work chukkas, they are said to run a bit narrow so I was wondering if I would likely have to buy my regular size and not go down 1/2 size.

Definitely try and go to a Redwing store and try them on with the assistance of a sales rep. They should be able to properly fit you. Mine are a half size down from my normal size. They fit great and there was minimal break in time.

Definitely try and go to a Redwing store and try them on with the assistance of a sales rep. They should be able to properly fit you. Mine are a half size down from my normal size. They fit great and there was minimal break in time.

Did you find that they were narrow/a tight fit in the width?

The boots felt really good from the first time I wore them. The sales rep fitted me and said it was normal for the boot to be a little tight across the arch/instep since the leather will stretch and conform there, and the toes should be able to wiggle. The heel was always good. They felt snug but comfortable and gradually broke in and are really nice to wear.
After about a year I added some custom inserts because my left leg is slightly longer than my right, and I'd had toe surgery and was looking to really get these boots comfy. I DID NOT have the inserts made because the boot didn't fit right. They were always very comfortable and my favorite shoe to wear. So the inserts raise my feet a little but the boots were always super-wearable and comfortable.

Last edited:
Definitely try and go to a Redwing store and try them on with the assistance of a sales rep. They should be able to properly fit you.

I'll have to do that. I'm more fortunate than most in that respect because I have 3 Red Wing shoe stores less than 9 miles away from where I live. I'm pretty sure one of those caters to work boots so I don't think they carry the heritage line. I normally wear a size 12 and when I was looking for Iron Rangers a sales person tried putting me in a size 11. I could barely get my feet in them and they literally hurt when I walked in them. That made me a bit leery of their advice. I'll start by trying on an 11.5 and a 12 and go from there.

+1! Great suggestion!!

A similar alternative (as there is no Redwing store near here) is to go to Nordstroms (who sell Redwings) to get fitted. Then have them order the shoes if necessary, that’s what I did for my Redwings.

+1! Great suggestion!!

A similar alternative (as there is no Redwing store near here) is to go to Nordstroms (who sell Redwings) to get fitted. Then have them order the shoes if necessary, that’s what I did for my Redwings.
I would think if there's a Nordstrom within reasonable distance there should be a Redwing store that's not too far. Just saying..

Top Bottom