What's new

Recommendations for a New Grill?

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Thanks all for the suggestions, I have been doing due diligence on the many choices. The TEC is rotted out on the right, it warms a hot dog but hasn't the flame I bought the grill for .. TEC does not support my model anymore with parts .. not sure duct tape & bailing wire will work, but guess i can move it away from the house & try :)

I'm leaning towards a quick Weber, used even, to see if I have the patience for charcoal without sinking the money into one of the ceramics, which do sound tempting.

I've owned a 22" Weber Kettle for 7 years now and I love it; you definitely can't beat it when considering value-for-money. I like the new one with the side table and the propane start. If I had the funds I'd would investing in a Green Egg; I know a few people that own them and it's nothing but high praise.

Last edited:
Thanks all for the suggestions, I have been doing due diligence on the many choices. The TEC is rotted out on the right, it warms a hot dog but hasn't the flame I bought the grill for .. TEC does not support my model anymore with parts .. not sure duct tape & bailing wire will work, but guess i can move it away from the house & try :)

I'm leaning towards a quick Weber, used even, to see if I have the patience for charcoal without sinking the money into one of the ceramics, which do sound tempting.

Check out the rotisserie attachment. Whole chicken over charcoal is delicious.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Check out the rotisserie attachment. Whole chicken over charcoal is delicious.

Thanks, before the TEC gets into the flower pot stage, I might be able to do some chicken on the rotisserie .. forgot that, but somehow it saddens me more, the TEC is shot, they don't support it, and I only got a dozen years out of a grill that cost about as much as a new Pinto .. :laugh:

Thanks, before the TEC gets into the flower pot stage, I might be able to do some chicken on the rotisserie .. forgot that, but somehow it saddens me more, the TEC is shot, they don't support it, and I only got a dozen years out of a grill that cost about as much as a new Pinto .. :laugh:

Bummer. At least it hasn't exploded . . . yet!:w00t:

Top Bottom