What's new

Recommend a lavender cream

AoS is excellent, but I'm enjoying a lavender cream from Vulfix that I got in a trade with Wingnut. Produces a nice lather and smells great.

AoS is excellent, but I'm enjoying a lavender cream from Vulfix that I got in a trade with Wingnut. Produces a nice lather and smells great.

Glad you like it, Nid Hog! If you'd like some more, I'll keep my eyes open for it. Just let me know... I haven't tried your Kent soap yet, but I LOVE the Bowling Green freebie that you included. Thanks again.

+1 for the TOBS Lavender. It's the only lavender scented cream I own but I love the way it performs. It seems pretty mild too so I think it would work well for sensitive skin.

I love the AoS lavender. A little goes a long way, so the $22 isn't as out of line as it seems. And the scent is fabulous; pure, concentrated lavender, the best I've smelled anywhere.

I thought it smelled great, but the wife didn't seem to care for it. Gotta share a bathroom, so some compromise is necessary I guess.

I didn't think I'd like it. However, I was pleasantly surprised. I knew simply by being GFT that is would shave nice, but the scent was a pleasant surprise. My wife was the opposite of yours she really liked it. In fact she confiscated what was left of it for her legs! :lol::lol:

I seem to have really sensitive skin too and I use The Gentlemens Refinery Cream - The Standard. It isn't a pure lavender cream, but has french lavender, sandalwood and ylang ylang oils in it. It is a very light, clean scent and works really good for me.

I've got two recomendations:

1. TOBS Lavender. Its a nice smelling cream that explodes into mounds of lather pretty quickly. Pretty good shave. TOBS is usually pretty good on sensitive skin.

2. Art of Shaving Lavender. I haven't tried it, but I did smell it in the AOS store. The salesman told me all of their products are 100% natural. It seems nice. Its specifically made for sensitive skin. If its anything like the sandalwood (which I own) and the unscented trial I used, you'll be very happy.

Art of Shaving's Lavender AND Sandalwood were very dry creams for me. I couldn't get the same lather with AOS as I do with TOBS. And TOBS lavender is just really nice smelling and does literally explode into mounds of lather. No really...literally. Besides, TOBS is tons cheaper.

AOS - it produces tons of rich lather with little product and it smells so creamy and almost kind of minty. It's really a great experience. Mmmmm

Apparently I'm the only one that thinks so but for scent/performance combination I'll give the nod to eShave lavender.

Apparently I'm the only one that thinks so but for scent/performance combination I'll give the nod to eShave lavender.

No, I agree. I was very impressed with the lavender shaving cream in the eShave samples I received awhile back. Great lavender scent and it performs very well.

I suggest trying Castle Forbes Lavender Essential Oil Shave Cream. It's a little pricey but well worth it IMHO. It works and smells great. Very good cushion and pretty slick for a cream. It actually says on the tub that it's intended for sensitive skin. Classic Shaving sells a travel sized tub for under $20 (good amount of creme). The Castle Forbes Cream is more like a soft soap which I believe will make it last longer.

The AoS lavender is as advertised - very good for sensitive skin, and the scent is very good and authentic.

I would recommend it over CF only to save yourself the $13 premium on the CF lavender.

CF costs ~$13 more to buy but you do get more cream and it is almost as dense as a soap. I think there are probably at least as many shaves per $ from CF as from AOS. As far as performance and scent go, they are a very close match. I am currently using CF but might replace it with AOS or CF- depends how I feel when the time comes.

Art of Shaving's Lavender AND Sandalwood were very dry creams for me. I couldn't get the same lather with AOS as I do with TOBS. And TOBS lavender is just really nice smelling and does literally explode into mounds of lather. No really...literally. Besides, TOBS is tons cheaper.

Really? I use Sandalwood a lot and it lathers like crazy, very similar to the TOBS I've tried.

Top Bottom