What's new

Ready for a New Cream

Shocking, perhaps, that a dedicated shave stick user such as myself should venture over into the cream forum. But, here I am.

Let's see, I have used TOBS, Trufitt and Hill, Speick, Musgo, Proraso, Salters, the stuff that comes in a Tiger bottle, the stuff that comes in a squeeze bottle with the cross on it, and several others that I can picture but can't even recall enough to describe. After initial onset of acquisition disorders back when I joined three years ago, I settled down and started using products until finished. Of course, all the time still enjoying the wetshaving experience (wish I could still get Swedish Gilletes).

I would like a new cream with a pleasant aroma suitable for winter -- something that performs as good or better than Trufitt and Hill. To me, Trufitt and Hill has given the slickest most moisturizing shave of any cream I have used. Musgo is the most pleasant scent I have experienced in a cream.

Given my preferences in the preceding paragraph, any thoughts on a new cream to try that isn't in the list already tried?

If you're looking for moisturizing properties ... The Body Shop's Maca Root shave cream is a good place to start.

I admit that I haven't tried it myself, but I am head over heels in love with TBS's Original Formula cream ... essentially the same thing, without the Maca Root.

For a good winter scent, Tabac cream can't be beat. I usually add it to Tabac soap to make Superlather, but when I'm rushed for time, I just use the cream by itself. Personally, if I had to choose between using Tabac cream or Tabac soap by itself, I'd pick the cream, hands down.

TOBS Jermyn St. cream is really nice stuff. The scent is nice and clean. I also find the Real Shave Co. creams to be good and locally available...the scents are not as good as those of the three T's, but the ingredients are identical and it is produced by the same manufacturer that makes creams for the three T's.

Tabac may work. The scent reminds me of a cookie my wife makes called snickerdoodles. To me it is a pleasant, redolent combination of spices I associate with Thanksgiving and Christmas. It's also a superb performer.

For sheer good value, J. M. Fraser's is hard to beat. It's a simple lemon scent and slick as can be.

I heard DC is good (although I haven't tried). I know Castle Forbes is fabulous. But, if you really want a good moist, thick, cushiony lather, you need to try Al Raz' Da Bomb...it makes one of the slickest lathers on either side of the Mississippi. :thumbup:

shaveden.com/store has their house brand (soap and cream). One of their scents is "bourbon vanilla" which is what I immediately thought of when you said Winter. It's a very warm vanilla with just a mere hint of "powder." I haven't used their creams, but their soaps are up there with the best of them.

I finally tried a tube of trumper's coconut and whoa, it's pretty darn good. This is coming from a guy who does not think much of any of the three T's cream performance wise. Think of a can of shredded coconut for cooking. Not the suntan smell.

SMN - It's not poraso or omega. Smells similar, but the performance on this one makes it one of my favorites. Just top shelf.

Acca Kappa 1869 in tub. Can't sing praises on this enough.:thumbup1: The #1 Almond product in production anywhere.

Top Bottom