What's new

Re-using atomizers

Okay, I have just finished using up a couple of generic glass atomizers that were filled with colognes. I would like to reuse them but first want to get rid of the lingering scents left behind by the previous two colognes. Any suggestions as to what type of cleaners/soaps would get rid of those smells?

Or would the new colognes eliminate that previous scents?

I normally put mine in the household dishwasher or fill them with boiling water and this seems to work alright

I haven't done it yet myself but I heard others suggest washing and then a rinse with pure alcohol (the drinking kind and don't be cheap :lol:).

That makes pretty good sense to me. :thumbup1:

Glass does not absorb odors. A good washing with soapy water followed by a thorough rinse should be good enough.

Glass does not absorb odors. A good washing with soapy water followed by a thorough rinse should be good enough.

I think that's right on the money, however, the moving parts of the atomizer however are likely plastic or some such, and they may well absorb odours. Hence the thought about alcohol.

+1. I do this all the time, helps keep the samples flowing in.

When the snooty buffoon at Saks or something looks down his sharp nose and says they don't have any samples, there is nothing better than pulling a nice 5 ml out of your pocket, sticking it in his face and saying "Knock yourself out, Jeeves."

Top Bottom