What's new

Re-Purposed Household items In Your Den...

Ok, just found this plated curio? jar at an antique store. Not sure what is was for...however, I thought...a great shaving soap container which is what it's going to be. So I polished it up...very tarnished and loaded it with Captain's Choice Bay rum soap and the Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban cigar soap...should be an interesting combo, now I have a very nice addition to the den and will last quite a while.
IMG_2556.jpeg
IMG_2557.jpeg

Last edited:
Hey guys
Wet shavers tend to be pretty creative and resourceful people. What items do you have in your den that you use for something other than what they were originally meant for? I use gravy/cream boats for my hard soaps which have a built in brush rest that works perfectly. I also have found small bowls etc that work really well as lathering bowls. What things have you found that work well for you?
View attachment 1588406View attachment 1588407View attachment 1588408View attachment 1588409View attachment 1588410
I really like the gravy boat idea. 👍👍👍
Hey guys
Wet shavers tend to be pretty creative and resourceful people. What items do you have in your den that you use for something other than what they were originally meant for? I use gravy/cream boats for my hard soaps which have a built in brush rest that works perfectly. I also have found small bowls etc that work really well as lathering bowls. What things have you found that work well for you?
View attachment 1588406View attachment 1588407View attachment 1588408View attachment 1588409View attachment 1588410

Last edited:
Not sure if this would qualify as a household item, but I pulled a cooling fan out of an old computer and made a brush dryer. Dries my brush in a couple of hours.

View attachment 1589097
View attachment 1589098
Brother Rod,

A couple of hours! Respectfully, I admire your mechanical creativity, but not your practicality. A shaving brush can easily be dried in less than 2 minutes, using the low heat on a hand-held hair dryer.

Brother Rod,

A couple of hours! Respectfully, I admire your mechanical creativity, but not your practicality. A shaving brush can easily be dried in less than 2 minutes, using the low heat on a hand-held hair dryer.
I don't own a hand-held hair dryer and please stop calling me "Brother Rod".

Top Bottom