What's new

Re-Purposed Household items In Your Den...

Hey guys
Wet shavers tend to be pretty creative and resourceful people. What items do you have in your den that you use for something other than what they were originally meant for? I use gravy/cream boats for my hard soaps which have a built in brush rest that works perfectly. I also have found small bowls etc that work really well as lathering bowls. What things have you found that work well for you?
IMG_2540.jpeg
IMG_2541.jpeg
IMG_2543.jpeg
IMG_2544.jpeg
IMG_2545.jpeg

I’ve repurposed mugs, cups, & bowls. Great idea using gravy boats. And your brown brush with the ivory bands is beautiful!

Last edited:
Old school wall mount toothbrush holder now holds most of my morning routine. Just under shoulder high right next to the sink. Convenient

Attachments

• IMG_20230115_023101851.jpg
    IMG_20230115_023101851.jpg
    863 KB · Views: 34
I've been at this for quite a while and outside of buying one Old Spice mug, everything else is repurposed- from an antique Spice Rack to hold brushes to the toothbrush holder above to hold razors and every cappuccino style mug or large salsa bowl I can find at the Dollar Stores. Deodorant tubes for shave sticks and re-purposed hand soap pumps hold my homemade creations with melt and pour soaps, etc.

Never thought of a gravy boat, though. Pretty impressive.

I’ve repurposed mugs, cups, & bowls. Great idea using gravy boats. And your brown brush with the ivory bands is beautiful!
Thanx. When I had a workshop I spun quite a few brushes on my lathe. Looking to move so I can start up again

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Hey guys
Wet shavers tend to be pretty creative and resourceful people. What items do you have in your den that you use for something other than what they were originally meant for? I use gravy/cream boats for my hard soaps which have a built in brush rest that works perfectly. I also have found small bowls etc that work really well as lathering bowls. What things have you found that work well for you?
View attachment 1588406View attachment 1588407View attachment 1588408View attachment 1588409View attachment 1588410

@huck1680

This is an excellent idea, and when you have such beautiful items in the house for which to re-purpose, why wouldn't you entertain the idea, and put it into practice? Those gravy boats look excellent, they seem to hold the brushes well. And if your into using hard soaps, I bet there's nothing better! I also love the re-purposed shave bowl as well, I think it looks excellent, and appears to be the perfect size to work up a lather, using small to medium brushes.

I have bought most of the proper shave gear for all my shaving equipment, so I am not doing much re-purposing. Unlike Kennsurfs who has a crystal skull to soak his brushes in, I have re-purposed a boring mug, for that purpose. This picture was taken when I received my new silver tipped badger brush, and I did the initial shampoo soak before use.

1673796470055.png

IDK I guess you could say that I re-purposed my medicine cabinet to be a shaving supply storage unit, instead of the usual typical use one would be used for lol.

IMG_4371.JPG

You think I got enough blades? I got about 250 more Wizamets under the sink, shhhh, don't tell anybody. Although I think I just did. :letterk1:

Picked up this coffee mug in the shape of a toilet for $1.75 at a thrift shop. Makes a fine shaving mug.
Hey guys
View attachment 1588406View attachment 1588407View attachment 1588408View attachment 1588409View attachment 1588410
Not sure if this would qualify as a household item, but I pulled a cooling fan out of an old computer and made a brush dryer. Dries my brush in a couple of hours.

View attachment 1589097
View attachment 1589098

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Over the years I have improvised and find these simple hacks work very well.
(Old archived photos over the years!)

Mason jar blade bank..................Modified magnetic business cards ....old spice bottles for protecting brushes when travelling.

Blade bank storage.jpg Blade storage 2 (2).jpg Repurpose things or ideas for shaving needs..jpg

lather bowls modified..............guitar wall hangers make excellent brush racks....regular fan dries my mop towels and brushes
Shaving bowls 2019 (2).jpg Brush collage of new brush and razor holder..jpg Fan drying new boar brush.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Over the years I have improvised and find these simple hacks work very well.
(Old archived photos over the years!)

Mason jar blade bank..................Modified magnetic business cards ....old spice bottles for protecting brushes when travelling.

View attachment 1589513 View attachment 1589514 View attachment 1589516

lather bowls modified..............guitar wall hangers make excellent brush racks....regular fan dries my mop towels and brushes
View attachment 1589517 View attachment 1589518 View attachment 1589519

Have some great shaves!
The spice bottles for brush protectors is a great idea.

Dollar Tree has a white ceramic ramekin that holds soaps pretty well and is wide enough that I can load my brush from them quickly. They also had a little two-drawer storage cube that stores a few hundred blades neatly.

Top Bottom