What's new

Razors that begin with B

Bakkus Morgenstond
2014_04_07.jpg

I seem to have a lot more Bs than As

Starting with an American Burrell Cutlery Top Flight and a Swedish Eric Anton Berg Frameback (I have another Berg as well)
IMG_1940.jpeg

Next two Sheffield wedges, a George Brittain and a John Barber
IMG_1941.jpeg

And finally of course a Bengall, in this case a 7/8 hollow complete with a Shakespeare quote.
IMG_1942.jpeg

Now that's interesting. I have a Beaujeu with the same wheel or gear logo plus a crown, but it's a Beaujeu Purier instead of a Dumontel.View attachment 1660889

OMFG YOU GUYS HAVE BEAUJOLAIS RAZORS!!!

Beaujeu Dumontel and Beaujeu Purier I assume are both family names. But the 'B' part will most certainly have come originally from the same family in the the tiny village of Beaujeu, from which the wine region Beaujolais gets its name. It lies a little to the north-east of Thiers and right next to Villie-Morgon (as in my avatar picture).

Going straight in at No.1 on my 'most wanted razors' list!

OMFG YOU GUYS HAVE BEAUJOLAIS RAZORS!!!

Beaujeu Dumontel and Beaujeu Purier I assume are both family names. But the 'B' part will most certainly have come originally from the same family in the the tiny village of Beaujeu, from which the wine region Beaujolais gets its name. It lies a little to the north-east of Thiers and right next to Villie-Morgon (as in my avatar picture).

Going straight in at No.1 on my 'most wanted razors' list!
It's always fun when one's apparently disparate interests happen to intersect, especially in a useful way, isn't it? Bit like when I ended up with a heavily used grabendolch with a mostly obliterated marking of "EI WA D RASI M SSER-FABRIK" (ERN Wald Rasiermesser-fabrik) which I was only able to decipher because I knew the brand from some razors I had.

Top Bottom