What's new

RAZOROCKtober - 2015

Hi everyone,
It is that time of year again. Time to show your love for RazoRock products. In past years many people switched from one soap to the next through the month. This year I would suggest that we change things up in the tradition of SPEICKtember & TABACtober and just pick one soap (could be anything you want) and just use that from start to finish- 3017 style.

This year for my soap I will be using SoZ. I will also be using the matching AS
Adding to the mix I will also use my Amici and 2012 Italian Barber brushes as well as my RR Slant (V2).

So, if you love Razorock soaps, AS, brushes, razors, etc, than please join in and have some fun.

Like always, I am definitely in for Razorocktober! I already participate in 3017 and should be killing off my current soap within the next week or so. After that, I going all in with RR New York. I will try to go all RR in other areas as well. Possible line-up:

Soap: RR NY (I doubt I will finish a new puck within a month)
Razor: Various Stealths, Baby Smooth, Black Mamba
Brush: Amici, Chubby ST, and hopefully soon, the Plissoft ;)
AS / ASB: Various scents of my choosing. I did not purchase / did not see a matching NY AS

Evan!

Rock on man! Thanks for taking the helm on this and keeping the tradition alive! It was definitely never a "me" thing about doing it each year, and I'm stoked that you guys still want to keep it going. I will absolutely be in, though I may not be around every day because of my schooling and busy family life. But I'll still be RazoRockin' in my routine regardless!

I'll just have to figure out which soap I'm going to use for the 3017 style... Hard choice when you've got like, 20 something RR soaps! I do have some oldies but goodies I need to just buckle down and kill off, but it's so hard to not mix it up when they're all good! Ok... I'll pick a soap, let ya'll know what it is, but I'm still going to mix up my AS and Razor sometimes! Though I'll go exclusive Amici #1 :)

Looking forward to another great RazoRocktober! Thanks again Evan, and all the guys joining in!
:punk:

Thanks to everyone who will be joining in this year. As a matter of fact, I will be doing a RazoRock Fest to finish off 2015.
SoZ for Oct, a chunk of ABCBA for Nov, and finishing off the year with Holly Canolli.

John, thx so much for the kind words. Please join in as much as you can. It wouldn't be RAZOROCKtober without you.

Ok everyone, pick your soap, brush, razor and lets have fun and enjoy some RR products together.

Thanks for taking over, Evan...and thanks to John for keeping the RR spirit alive. I have been saving my tub of Santa Maria del Fiore (SMDF) for RazoRocktober and will be using my Amici brush. I may even bring out one of my RR DE razors...It's tough to put down my straights...

I have used up many tubs of RR soaps and have refrained from ordering more due to the need to knock down my rather large inventory of other fine soaps.

I may not check in everyday as I did in previous years, but I'll be dedicated to RazoRocktober regardless. Have fun everyone and many thanks again to Evan and John.

Hi Gents,

Evan invited me here to say hello.

B&B is RazoRock's official home online and you guys have been truly amazing from Day 1. On November 1, please remind me if I forget, I will have a special announcement here.

Last edited:
I'm in but I will alternate XXX and SoZ.I am dangerously low on SoZ and the Italian Barber is out of stock,I just can't chance it:lol:

Hi Gents,

Evan invited me here to say hello.

B&B is RazoRock's official home online and you guys have been truly amazing from Day 1. On November 1, please remind me if I forget, I will have a special announcement here.

Thank you for everything you do, Joe! You're the man behind the brand, the man with the mission, and the reason we're all here!

It's great to have you pop in, and hope to see you more during the month. And a special announcement at the end? Brother, you ROCK!

Thank you for everything you do, Joe! You're the man behind the brand, the man with the mission, and the reason we're all here!

It's great to have you pop in, and hope to see you more during the month. And a special announcement at the end? Brother, you ROCK!
Hint: announcement will have to do with RazoRocktober... It's a mystery surprise☺

The B&B community is amazing, my mission would be possible without y'all!

Hint: announcement will have to do with RazoRocktober... It's a mystery surprise☺

Any chance that it is a RR version of a Feather Artist Club razor...?

I couldn't wait and jumped into the SMDF tub today. I forgot how great this soap is. Is there a matching AS splash for it or in the works?

Wow, I can't wait Joe. This is going to be great.

One more day (shave) to go before we start.

Woohoo! This will be great fun. Now, to pick just one soap for the month...(I've never 3017'd anything!)
I'm debating between:
- Santa Maria del Fiore
- ABCBA
- Christmas in Tuscany
- XXX
Any recommendations???

I will also restrict myself to Razorock razors, brushes, and aftershaves.
Razors: Week 1 - Black Mamba, Week 2 - Baby Smooth, Week 3 - Stealth Slant (V3), Week 4 - SLAB
Brushes: RR Chubby (Ivory), IB Semogue (Jealous of your Amici #1, John!)
AS:Razorocktober, One X, XX, XXX, SoZ, The Freedberg, Mudder Focker, Evil Eye Lime, Problem Solver

My hope is that spending a week straight with each of these razors will help me get to know the strengths of each a bit better.

Woohoo! This will be great fun. Now, to pick just one soap for the month...(I've never 3017'd anything!)
I'm debating between:
- Santa Maria del Fiore
- ABCBA
- Christmas in Tuscany
- XXX
Any recommendations???

I will also restrict myself to Razorock razors, brushes, and aftershaves.
Razors: Week 1 - Black Mamba, Week 2 - Baby Smooth, Week 3 - Stealth Slant (V3), Week 4 - SLAB
Brushes: RR Chubby (Ivory), IB Semogue (Jealous of your Amici #1, John!)
AS:Razorocktober, One X, XX, XXX, SoZ, The Freedberg, Mudder Focker, Evil Eye Lime, Problem Solver

My hope is that spending a week straight with each of these razors will help me get to know the strengths of each a bit better.

XXX is my favorite RR soap, but CiT was a great treat to use. I enjoyed it so much I asked Joe if he could bring it back, he said Holy Cannoli was a similar scent so he wasn't going to bring it back. So, for me, my recommendation is CiT.

XXX is my favorite RR soap, but CiT was a great treat to use. I enjoyed it so much I asked Joe if he could bring it back, he said Holy Cannoli was a similar scent so he wasn't going to bring it back. So, for me, my recommendation is CiT.
CiT it is! I definitely agree with Joe about the Holy Cannoli scent, when I first smelled that I immediately was reminded of CiT (a very good thing :001_smile).

Hi gents,

This sounds like fun, albeit a challenge for sure.

You see, I'm only a recent discoverer of RazoRock products and have jumped in deep. (In fact, just liberated Joe of about a dozen RR scents in the past month alone - up to 15 now!) I don't think I'd be willing to limit myself to just one when there's so many great ones in the lineup.
I've gotta RazoRock-on to my own drummer, break rules, and celebrate the month lavishly, RazoRockStar style. :punk:

No disrespect meant to the OP or spirit of the challenge. Ya'll have a lot more restraint than I, good on ya!

Hi gents,

This sounds like fun, albeit a challenge for sure.

You see, I'm only a recent discoverer of RazoRock products and have jumped in deep. (In fact, just liberated Joe of about a dozen RR scents in the past month alone - up to 15 now!) I don't think I'd be willing to limit myself to just one when there's so many great ones in the lineup.
I've gotta RazoRock-on to my own drummer, break rules, and celebrate the month lavishly, RazoRockStar style. :punk:

No disrespect meant to the OP or spirit of the challenge. Ya'll have a lot more restraint than I, good on ya!

Everyone is free to enjoy their RR soaps anyway they like. I 3017 all my soaps. I find it is the best way to really get the most out of a soap and truly enjoy it.

I jump in for this month. I am down to 3 RR soaps; San Valentino, Christmas in Tuscany, and ABCBA. I will start with SV and also use my Amici frequently. I would use the Amici every day but I enjoy using my Cerda and 1305 with Italian soft soaps.

Top Bottom