What's new

RazoRock Superslant views, reviews, and shaves

I don't have the 39C. I like the Konsul well enough, but the Superslant with the right baseplate blows it away. I like mild but efficient razors.

The big downside of the Superslant is finding the perfect baseplate. I can shave with the four Superslant baseplates I've tried. My favorite is the L1+; I like it a lot better than the L1++.

Happy shaves,

Jim
I ended up with the 1++ and 2++. I really like the 1++.

I have been off on various monthly 'theme razor' tangents. And I've been catching up on my skiing, skipping shaves or doing 5 minute shaves with mild thematically correct razors.

Today I did a short ski shave, but grabbed my SS L2OC which has been stationed, loaded, in the den for many months but has been neglected due to all the themes.

I just hand rubbed in a dab of Omega cream, made three passes, and ran off with a DFS+ in just over 6 minutes start to finish. I just can't call the L2OC aggressive, but it is danged well efficient.

I would never try this with my Wunderbar, or even my Merkur slants.

Are the superslants able to shave at a shallow angle or only a steep angle? I'm interested in possibly looking at getting an L1 or L1OC for a mild/medium razor, paired with a Kai blade.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Are the superslants able to shave at a shallow angle or only a steep angle? I'm interested in possibly looking at getting an L1 or L1OC for a mild/medium razor, paired with a Kai blade.
Steep, you can go shallow though. There is a strong preference for steep, but that's their angle and you cannot compare that to razors that hurt when going steep. So if you want or even must shave shallow... the Wunderbar is like that. The SuperSlant is basically the steep angle version of the Wunderbar, which is roughly a L3 SuperSlant equivalent.

This said, don't worry too much about your preferred angle. Both SuperSlant and Wunderbar will tell and guide you where they want you.

I find the SuperSlant to give better feedback and more warning when it is about to bite. The Wunderbar removed a while flap of skin from my chin and it only started bleeding a bit after I fingered it after finding the skin on my razor. "Woah. Doesn't even bleed. ... ah now it does a bit, but not much..."

Did this just encourage you to buy one or rather the opposite? 🤔😁

Steep, you can go shallow though. There is a strong preference for steep, but that's their angle and you cannot compare that to razors that hurt when going steep. So if you want or even must shave shallow... the Wunderbar is like that. The SuperSlant is basically the steep angle version of the Wunderbar, which is roughly a L3 SuperSlant equivalent.

This said, don't worry too much about your preferred angle. Both SuperSlant and Wunderbar will tell and guide you where they want you.

I find the SuperSlant to give better feedback and more warning when it is about to bite. The Wunderbar removed a while flap of skin from my chin and it only started bleeding a bit after I fingered it after finding the skin on my razor. "Woah. Doesn't even bleed. ... ah now it does a bit, but not much..."

Did this just encourage you to buy one or rather the opposite? 🤔😁
I believe it made me more intrigued to want to look into either of them 😂. I'd still say I have a preference for possibly looking into the L1OC though, as for some reason that appeals to my brain but for madnening preference of shallow angle only , the wunderbar seems nice.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead

Truth, this. I found the L1++OC a too-mild shaver for me and also found the shave window between too steep and too shallow also to be rather narrow. The L2++OC is my preferred step, though I'm always pleasantly surprised by the L3SB.

O.H.

Gentlemen, if you don't mind my entering your ranks with a SuperSlant L2 and L3+.

Based on a good friend's recommendation, I have ordered the SuperSlant. It should be here in about two weeks. I've had some experience with the Merkur Sledgehammer 59C and it suits me quite well, not causing any irritation to my sensitive skin. I am absolutely delighted by the slants so far - no razor has been as gentle yet effective at shaving my tricky spots on the neck. Do you have a few tips for me regarding the new SuperSlant?

Gentlemen, if you don't mind my entering your ranks with a SuperSlant L2 and L3+.

Based on a good friend's recommendation, I have ordered the SuperSlant. It should be here in about two weeks. I've had some experience with the Merkur Sledgehammer 59C and it suits me quite well, not causing any irritation to my sensitive skin. I am absolutely delighted by the slants so far - no razor has been as gentle yet effective at shaving my tricky spots on the neck. Do you have a few tips for me regarding the new SuperSlant?
Use a light touch. It's gonna be even heavier than the 39c. Also use a steep angle with the l2. It favors riding more towards the guard. The plus plate is more versatile angle wise

Use a light touch. It's gonna be even heavier than the 39c. Also use a steep angle with the l2. It favors riding more towards the guard. The plus plate is more versatile angle wise
Thanks for the helpful tips @Sethology
I will touch it lightly and report back. I hope the base plates work for me, although the classification of Razorock seems to fit quite well with the other razors on the market.

I would agree with both comments for my 1++. I find that with my 1++OC, it an cause irritation with anything but a light touch. I find my 2++SB a bit aggressive for daily shaving. When I do use the 2++, I need to use a comfortable blade. You might try a GSB or Astra for your L3 plate

Thanks for the helpful tips!

I will try the Astra Green on the less aggressive baseplate first.

Are there any significant differences between the plate types, e.g. an L2 and an L2+/L3+? The OC is an open comb and should therefore feel more direct on the skin?

Thanks for the helpful tips!

I will try the Astra Green on the less aggressive baseplate first.

Are there any significant differences between the plate types, e.g. an L2 and an L2+/L3+? The OC is an open comb and should therefore feel more direct on the skin?
There are a slew of plates and I've only tried 2. The 1++OC Has a bit of blade feel-which I like, and is pretty efficient. The 2++ SB has a bit less blade feel, is a bit more efficient when your technique is off, and a bit too aggressive for my taste. If I were starting over, I would go for a 2OC plate, but that's me. YMMV

Top Bottom