What's new

Razorock Stealth Slant V1, V2, V3 and physical variations

I have really tried to look every where for the physical differences in the subject and have been unsuccessful....so, I apologize up front if this is a duplicate. However, I did find one discussion wrt shaving characteristics of each variant.

Therefore, I thought I would ask to see if there are any Razorock experts who could tell me. I have many DE razors, but for some reason I am fascinated with this razor collection. I believe I have the following in the stealth slant series:

V1 - Black (Aluminum)
V2 - Black (Aluminum)
V2 - Kiyara (Aluminum)
V3 - Black (Aluminum)
V3? - SS DLC (Shiney Black)
V3? - SS (Silver)

The only difference in physical characteristics I could visually make out was that the V3 Aluminum has a small cut out on one side of the screw post and razor blade posts (not sure of the correct terminology). However, what I believe to be the V1, V2, and V3 SS variants do not.

I will post pics tomorrow.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

The black DLC stainless is a V2, not a V3. The V3 (and V4?) had wiggle room so that you could align the blade parallel with the top cap or not. The V1 and V2 only allowed the blade to be clamped not-parallel, which was as-designed but bugged people.

I can't tell you what the physical differences are because I only have the three V2 variants.

The black DLC stainless is a V2, not a V3. The V3 (and V4?) had wiggle room so that you could align the blade parallel with the top cap or not. The V1 and V2 only allowed the blade to be clamped not-parallel, which was as-designed but bugged people.

I can't tell you what the physical differences are because I only have the three V2 variants.
Thanks! So based on the premise that the DLC SS is a V2 would it be safe to assume the SS is also a V2?

Thanks! So based on the premise that the DLC SS is a V2 would it be safe to assume the SS is also a V2?
My memory is that the not-black stainless steel version is a V3 since it came much later and I wasn't interested in buying it. I didn't like the idea of a blade that can be aligned two ways.

I'm not 100% sure it's a V3 though.

Several posts and follow ups have been removed from this thread.
Please feel free to disagree but there is no need to be disagreeable about it.
Thank you.

Nice thread. Will follow and try to add. I've a V0 and a V2, will check whether there's differences later.

CF443860-5004-4FA5-A52F-DF5A4EF745DC.jpeg
86B76F73-68D7-4BB2-88FF-10474A29852B.jpeg
10680377-9990-4A97-B0C4-11114843CE3D.jpeg
4065A75C-E896-4C5E-926A-55C8504FAB9D.jpeg
66104E8C-A0AB-409B-86F2-80AF7329CCA1.jpeg
5F440457-186E-4AFD-9953-E72CFAE3C6BB.jpeg
F0A6FBDC-D2C2-4173-8AA4-B9D69BAABBF3.jpeg

When I took the pics I realized that the Aluminum V2 also has the notches ... as pictured.

I really can’t tell the difference between the V2 and V3.

@Cobrapilot29 could you please show a picture of the fully assembled razors (like in the 2nd picture) but with the heads turned 90 degrees - looking at the narrow side of the head?

Many thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Thank you very much - so the V1 is very easily distinguishable from the others. The only one I kept and a fantastic razor I might add
Thanks! I am hoping that someone may stumble across this thread who can distinguish the physical build differences between the V2 and V3. I am still unable to tell.
My next move is to measure the blade gap...just haven't found the time to do that yet. :)

Top Bottom