What's new

RazoRock Hawk V2 versus V3?

What are the important differences between the RazoRock V2 compared to V3 standard plate?

Is it just appearance and feel (aluminum vs. stainless steel)?
Is there a performance/efficiency difference?
One major difference is there are different plate options for the V3 (not sure why they couldn't have provided different plates for the V2 or make different versions of the V2).

The big difference, hence the question, is the price, and rather not pay a premium just for the razor's appearance.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
The V2 is lighter, has less exposure for any given AC format blade, and (because of the reduced exposure) favors a neutral angle more than the V3. Some people; with multiple V2 Hawk razors, have noted differences in “aggression,” but most people only buy one V2 and never experience these variances.

If you use blades from Feather, KAI, or Schick, there’s no reason to worry having “tough whiskers and sensitive skin” — a light touch at the correct angle will keep your in place while the stubble finds its forever home in your drain.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
I don't know about the V2, but I like the V3SB. The V3OC, the other one I tried, was fine for me except for the "Jaws" comb. I learned from that razor that I prefer an OC with a couple more teeth. Somebody else has that one now, but I still get lovely shaves with the V3SB and a Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink.

O.H.

I am biased to heavier razors. The V2 hawk is aluminum and works just fine, however it needs extensive skin stretching to clean up contours due to the longer blade format and the shave angle is pretty narrow.

The V3 head is heavier and the added weight has this feeling of being more efficient sort of. You get more plates like aggressive and the OC with the V3 in case you do not like the V2. The OC comb is insanely aggressive and it feels like naked blade on the skin which can be scary. I wish they had a plate with the smaller comb like the gamechanger compared to the jaws it has now.

I prefer the V3 when I use AC blades if I am not using the ATT SE1.

Top Bottom