What's new

RazoRock Lupo Club - The Pack

2 shaves in with the Lupo .72OC and my thoughts so far are that it is noticeably more efficient than my GC .84P and quite smooth -- my "5-o'clock shadow" seems to be arriving a few hours later than when I shave with my GC. A sharp blade seems a must (had a better shave with a new Nacet, vs. a 3x-used one). The maneuverability of the Lupo (my first) caused me some inattentiveness and I got a small nick whilst whipping it around my nostrils --- didn't even feel it. I'm really liking this one...and the scattered past reports comparing the (.72) OC side of the Lupo DC and the .95OC, with some surprisingly reporting that the latter is somehow smoother, have me thinking I do need to pick up a .95OC plate for comparison.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I'm quite new to the Lupo.... just two shaves in with half shaves with the 72SB and OC... It's a keeper for me... I still have to try the 95SB and OC... that's coming up soon, but so far, I like both the 72SB and OC. I'm too new to DE shaving to know what "blade feel" really is. I've been told, the Lupo is a blade forward design. Again, I don't have enough experience to know if that is correct or not. What I do know, for me, the Lupo doesn't feel dangerous. I like the cut outs for the blade. It gets me much closer to my nose area and makes shaving the corners of my mouth easier.

I've only used Wizamets in them so far but I loaded them up with USA Personna Labs "blue"s for my next shaves. Should be a fun experiment.

It’s on…. :ihih:

524B7C4C-E7D2-4CAB-B2E6-0DCD8CAB73AB.jpeg

5F29D08B-DBB4-4643-B3E9-7D817CACBB5E.jpeg

@Butch Waxx
Even though this is the Lupo Club, I have to mention I also bought the .84OC for the Game Changer. But after using the .72OC, it may have to wait a while before I care to use it. Heh

A great shave just completed. No drum roll or a big change in the razor hierarchy within the Lupo line up. I still prefer the Lupo .95 SB over the .72 OC. The thing is that I think I like the .72 OC over the .95 OC. Not 100% sure yet as I would need to put the .72 OC through a couple more shaves and then perhaps do a straight up head to head with the .95 OC to get real time feel and fresh data in my mind.

The Lupo .72 OC is a smooth operator with just enough blade feel to give good tactile feel on what it’s doing stroke after stroke. I can’t give a perspective vs its .72 SB counterpart but, it is just a smidge tamer against the .95 SB while still giving great audible feedback and still quite comfortable against the skin. No regrets in bringing the newest sibling into the shave den and hanging in the Lupo corral with the .95 SB & OC. Went with all Razorock today sans the brush as that’s from APShaveCo. XXX with its light cooling menthol and Colonia vibe was icing on the cake.

Great shaves to all….

7AE5C6EF-647A-4E98-BA94-1FADF2613DFC.jpeg

Lupo .72 OC vs the .95 OC. My thoughts are here if interested.

9D482CC0-955A-4469-8D1D-71433F8754E9.jpeg

First drive in SS Lupo 72 OC base plate using a Personna Israeli Red.

Noticeably more aggressive/efficient than the 72 SB. Very close shave. I took my sweet time and amazingly there was zero irritation.

Nowadays, I normally use a straight razor and pull out the safety razor when I am pressed for time or (perhaps) traveling. That said, I probably prefer the 72 SB because it requires less concentration. Will probably take me a little time to become more comfortable with the 72 OC.

Really enjoying the SS Lupo - great shaver!

1672183727151.png

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Wednesday, Dec 28th 2022

Razor : Razorock 2nd Generation Lupo.72, Mfg Jan 2nd >, excellent mid range, well built and designed with excellent machining tolerances + finish QC. Always look forward to using this razor, good clamping of blade + carefree shaving mostly IMO. I have a large razor rotation so it gets used 1-2 times a week, I like variety and challenges of other razors!
Blade : Gillette silver blue (2) sharp & smoooth with reasonable longevity.
Soap : Tabac, scent is clean flowery scent + excellent lather qualities. Softens whiskers better than other soaps + good post shave feel.
Brush : Yaqi "Mountain lake" 2band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock blue barber AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: excellent shave with my RR Lupo.72 with a GSB blade.
SOTD Dec 28 2022 .jpg

Have some great shaves!

DE SOTD, Wednesday, Dec 28th 2022

Razor : Razorock 2nd Generation Lupo.72, Mfg Jan 2nd >, excellent mid range, well built and designed with excellent machining tolerances + finish QC. Always look forward to using this razor, good clamping of blade + carefree shaving mostly IMO. I have a large razor rotation so it gets used 1-2 times a week, I like variety and challenges of other razors!
Blade : Gillette silver blue (2) sharp & smoooth with reasonable longevity.
Soap : Tabac, scent is clean flowery scent + excellent lather qualities. Softens whiskers better than other soaps + good post shave feel.
Brush : Yaqi "Mountain lake" 2band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock blue barber AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: excellent shave with my RR Lupo.72 with a GSB blade.
View attachment 1578843
Have some great shaves!
Where is that handle from? What is the length?

Top Bottom