What's new

RazoRock Lupo Club - The Pack

• RazoRock SS Lupo .72 OC.
• Astra Superior Platinum (2).
• Vergulde Hand shaving soap.
• Kox Old School Scheerzeep Bergamot lathering cup.
• Omega boar.
• Hot shower and olive bar soap.
• Thayers Witch Hazel Splash to face.
• Nivea cooling aftershave balm face.
• Pinned Clubman Classic Vanilla back of neck and chest.

Last shave for 2022 was a very pleasant experience with the arrival of a RR .72 OC base plate, and it did not disappoint! The OC along with the Astra (2) took down 3 day growth with no problem. Thanks again to Guido for the wonderful soap and lather cup. Soap lathers beautifully in the cup. Also, what a pleasure to finish the shave with a cold splash of water followed by some WitchHazel and Nivea cooling post shave balm. The Clubman Classic Vanilla smells good enough to drink, but not this early in the day! The judge is finishing out the year by awarding a very respectable 9.75 with just a touch of unseen stubble on the lower Adam’s apple area. Everyone have a fantastic New Year’s Eve followed by a Happy, Safe, and Prosperous 2023!

B2C31A72-EA21-49F2-91CE-CAF408C75059.jpeg
45C32CB2-967C-4BCC-AF27-59F10B3CC8A5.jpeg

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Badgerary
Wolfpack Wednesday

Razor:
Lupo 72SB
Blade: Gillette Platinum (5)
Brush: Simpson PJ2
Soap: MdC Agrumes
ASL: Pinaud Classic Vanilla
20230111_201407[2].jpg

For the continuing Gamechanger vs. Lupo comparison experiment I loaded up a Lupo 72SB with a Gillette Platinum (5).
Tonight's shave was another two pass mostly WTG shave. I say mostly because when I shave N-S on my neck it is almost an XTG pass the way my hair grows, so I'm starting to shave my neck diagonally and the result is a closer shave without an ATG pass.
The Lupo 72 felt really nimble, especially on my face where it was very comfortable. It easily handled going around my jawline and my new XTG neck stroke, and has me wanting to use it again.
The Witch hazel felt a bit warm, and the Classic Vanilla stung for a few seconds, the Nivea balm welcome as always to finish up a Nice Comfortable Shave.

Have some Great Shaves

~doug~

***NCS***

Had been using dual razors. GC oc, then a finishing pass with the Lupo.72. Now will just alternate between these two razors. Used bic cp or Nacet in Lupo .72 and Rapira or Shark platinum in GC .84 oc. Both of these are about max efficiency for my skin without being irritated.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Badgerary
Wolfpack Friday 13th

Razor:
Lupo 72SB
Blade: 7 O'Clock Black (2)
Brush: Omega 618 Silvertip
ASL: the "Veg"
20230113_191940.jpg

For the continuing Gamechanger vs. Lupo comparison experiment I loaded up the Lupo 72SB with a 7 O'Clock Black(2).
The Omega 618 Silvertip is my favorite badger, with the perfect amount of backbone and just a touch of scrub, it is soft and splays easily. Only 6-7 swirls were needed over the MdC for a two pass shave.
As soon as I started my first of two WTG passes, the 7 O'Clock Black felt less efficient than the Gillette Platinum, and not as smooth.
Surprisingly it felt much smoother on my neck but still has me wondering if I got a dud, as the first five blades in the tuck were smooth right away.
The blade did feel a bit smoother on the second pass, but all I can give this shave is a "meh".
I think I'll try a fresh Feather next...
The Witch hazel felt slick, the Aqua Velva invigorating, and the Nivea balm finished nicely as usual.

Have a Great Shave

~doug~

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
BADGERary
Wolfpack Saturday

Razor:
Lupo 72SB
Blade: Feather Hi Stainless(1)
Brush: Simpson PJ2
Soap: PdP 63
ASL: Aqua Velva
20230114_180417[1].jpg

After determining the 7 O'Clock Black I used in my GC68-P and Lupo72SB was a dud, I binned it and decided I needed another shave to make up for it.
Continuing Gamechanger vs. Lupo comparison experiment I loaded up the Lupo 72SB with a Feather Hi Stainless (1).

What a difference a blade makes, the Lupo 72 was once again comfortably removing my whiskers, and with only a day since I last shaved I went with one nice slow pass.
With a fresh Feather Hi Stainless, the Lupo that had been completely silent the night before, rang out with a delightfully pleasant song, a chorus really, needing only one pass for a very Nice Comfortable Shave.

The Witch hazel felt like water, the Aqua Velva felt great, and 4 drops of Nivea balm sealed the deal.

Have some Great Shaves

~doug~

Monday shave

Cella Crema Da Barba (red) shave cream
Omega 10066 Boar brush <excellent!
Razorock Lupo .95OC w/Super Knurl handle
Gillette Nacet razor blade (2)
Omega alum block
Aqua Velva Ice Blue aftershave

This was an excellent three pass shave, no buffing required. The lather was terrific, the brush was excellent, the razor performed flawlessly, the blade was sharp and smooth. The aftershave was exhilarating. No bloodshed, no irritation.

10/10 A great way to start the work week!

Enjoy your shaves and have a great day! :badger:

• RazoRock SS .95 SB Lupo.
• Nacet blade (1).
• Pre-Shave shower with olive oil bar soap
• Kox Old School shaving cup via Guido.
• Vergulde Hand Shaving Soap via Guido.
• RazoRock Blonde boar brush.
• Rinse and Splash of WitchHazel.
• Proraso after shave balm for face.
• Proraso after shave lotion back of neck and chest.
• Old Spice Classic deodorant.
• CeraVe moisturizing cream for arms/hands.

This late morning shave was a joy as I took my time and anticipated how my preparation and razor-blade would take on a three day growth as I was lazy over the weekend….The RazoRock SS .95 SB Lupo and a new Nacet was up for the challenge and Judge WitchHazel, (Judge Alum was shelved for this shave), agreed with a solid 10. Thanks to Guido, I am still enjoying my shaving cups and soap he gifted me back in December. Thanks again Guido as the soap and cup are a joy to use. Have a great Monday everyone and hope your team wins tonight and won over the weekend!
817E8067-D947-4951-BCA9-32326E2F306D.jpeg
C37ED7D9-0045-44B0-AF5A-C25285FDEC1E.jpeg

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
BADGERary
MdC Monday

Razor:
Lupo 72SB
Blade: Kai (4)
Brush: Shavemac 22/50
ASL: Pinaud Classic Vanilla
20230116_202324[1].jpg

Continuing with the Gamechanger vs. Lupo comparison experiment I loaded up the Lupo 72SB with a Kai (4).
And I binned the Kai after the shave. Just like a Feather Hi Stainless it appeared to lose it's edge after two shaves.

Oh, I definitely felt the blade during the shave, but is lacked the smoothness from previous shaves and needed a second pass on my neck to finish the job.

I guess that makes my one pass shave a one plus two.

The Shavemac 22/50 continues to have a bit of scritch that I'm sure will go away in time. I'll continue to put it through it's paces.

The Witch hazel did tingle a warning the Classic Vanilla was gonna sting, and boy howdy did it sting, fortunately the Nivea Balm was on hand for the rescue.

Have a Great Shave

~doug~

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
Got the Lupo 95 SB came with the HD handle but when it came to the shave it was a bloodbath. I changed the handle, first to the R41 handle, then to the Muhle Rocca handle and I have had much better results.
Looking at the RR handle line up the halo Ti is only 49g (but I'm not sure it's grippy enough) and the thin bar handle is only 40g (but I'm not sure it's long enough) anyone have any ideas on a light, grippy, longer handle for the Lupo?

Got the Lupo 95 SB came with the HD handle but when it came to the shave it was a bloodbath. I changed the handle, first to the R41 handle, then to the Muhle Rocca handle and I have had much better results.
Looking at the RR handle line up the halo Ti is only 49g (but I'm not sure it's grippy enough) and the thin bar handle is only 40g (but I'm not sure it's long enough) anyone have any ideas on a light, grippy, longer handle for the Lupo?
Did you consider the Timeless Ti Crown handle?

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Had been using dual razors. GC oc, then a finishing pass with the Lupo.72. Now will just alternate between these two razors. Used bic cp or Nacet in Lupo .72 and Rapira or Shark platinum in GC .84 oc. Both of these are about max efficiency for my skin without being irritated.
I recently tried a Nacet blade in my Lupo .72, and the shave was wonderful. My friend gave me a bunch of Nacet blades years ago, but I just wasn't a fan of them, but I always hold on to the shaving products that I don't like and try again later. I am very happy with how these blades work in this razor, and now I can understand the many people that love them.

I recently tried a Nacet blade in my Lupo .72, and the shave was wonderful. My friend gave me a bunch of Nacet blades years ago, but I just wasn't a fan of them, but I always hold on to the shaving products that I don't like and try again later. I am very happy with how these blades work in this razor, and now I can understand the many people that love them.
I find the Nacet to work well in my Lupo 95 as well. It doesn’t work in all my razors but the Lupo likes it.

I use either the Ti or the Ufo. More the Ufo lately because the Ti is perfect with the Wunderbar, so I just keep them together.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
It's hard to beat the price of the Ti Halo handle from Italian Barber, the grooves seem to provide plenty of grip.

~doug~

The halo is a perfect match. It's much lighter, but relatively long so the balance is perfect maybe 1" from the head. It's plenty grippy too I use it in the shower. Hard to clean inside the rings though.

Attachments

• 20230124_092039.jpg
    20230124_092039.jpg
    386 KB · Views: 13
Top Bottom