What's new

RazoRock Lupo Club - The Pack

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Was surfing through the many Clubs and Brotherhoods...realizing that I qualified for membership to many...when I noticed that there is no group for the RazoRock Lupo razors. I'm aware from the many posts from members who own and love the RR Lupo, that it's a popular choice.

So...I'm starting a RazoRock Lupo club...The Pack. Whether your preference is for the Aluminum or Stainless Steel versions...dual comb, .72 or .95...if you value your Lupo razor...sound off right here.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Dec 1st 2021

Razor: Razorock 2nd Gen Lupo .72 with a Yaqi Rocket handle- Mfg 2021> Excellent mid range, excellent design for clamping and working under the nose.
I mostly receive stellar results with almost any blade and a joy to use.
Blade: Gillette Nacet (3) sharp & smooth with great longevity.
Soap: Yaqi Malibu, 1st use, mild scent with great lather qualities.(misted)
Brush: Yaqi barber pole 24mm 2band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, nice scrubber + great painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera Gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Proraso green with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(balm) + scentless.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers= :a17:Excellent shave with my RR Lipo.72 with a Gillette Nacet blade.
SOTD, Dec 1, 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Ron R

DE SOTD, Dec 8th 2021

Razor: Razorock 2nd Generation Lupo.72, Mfg 2021> Mid range, Excellent design, great clamping, easy to get under the nose, to me it is the almost the perfect razor. Carefree shaving mostly with excellent results.
Blade: Gillette 7oClock SP (1) excellent blade, sharp & smoooth with reasonable longevity. My 5 Top tier blades IMO.
Soap: Razorock Santa Marie del Fiore, nice Vanilla scent with mild tobacco scent + excellent lather qualities.(misted)
Brush: Yaqi Moka 24mm synthetic, Excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle scrubber + excellent painter.
Pre shave: brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock Santa Marie del Fiore with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(balm) + scentless.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers= :a17:excellent shave with my RR Lupo.72 with a 7oclock SP blade.
SOTD, Dec 8, 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

I posted this in another thread...but I'll try here as well.

Does the Aluminum Lupo and the SS versions feel similar (not the efficiency, just talking about the feel) or are they different beasts? If one already owns the Aluminum Lupo, is it worth it to explore the other models or is it better to go exploring somewhere else?

Ron R

I posted this in another thread...but I'll try here as well.

Does the Aluminum Lupo and the SS versions feel similar (not the efficiency, just talking about the feel) or are they different beasts? If one already owns the Aluminum Lupo, is it worth it to explore the other models or is it better to go exploring somewhere else?
From what I have researched before I bought my Razorock Lupo.72 stainless steel razor was at the Italian barber site on reviews, a lot of the folks who had the Aluminum Lupo enjoyed them and liked them a lot but a lot of them who owned the aluminum variant wanted the stainless steel variant because for the weight and some thought the glide would be better.
As for the Stainless steel Lupo.72 variant it has the closest gap setting to the Aluminum variant. The stainless steel 2nd gen is a better design for a # of reasons like better clamping, more weight, colors will not wear off, better safety bar strength if dropped, nice scalloped safety bar, possibly better glide because of weight and surface finish, easy to work under the nose area and no blade tap overhang. Hope that well help in your decision, stainless steel variants have the better outcome over a already great Aluminum Lupo and that is why I call it the 2nd Generation Lupo.72 &.95.
Razorock Aluminum Lupo owners seem very happy with their razors and it is very rare to see them for sale on Buy sell and trade from my observations over the years.
RazoRock_Razor_Scale_-_Revised_-_Stacked_-_Final_1024x1024 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:
Razorock Aluminum Lupo owners seem very happy with their razors and it is very rare to see them for sale on Buy sell and trade from my observations over the years.
I just sold my Aluminum Lupo. I never fell in love with this razor. It didn't give me bad shaves, but something about it didn't convince me. It just didn't glide across my face for some reason. I guess this is a case of MMDV (My Mileage Did Vary).

The next purchase is going to be a SS Lupo, a Game Changer or a Rocca.

Ron R

I just sold my Aluminum Lupo. I never fell in love with this razor. It didn't give me bad shaves, but something about it didn't convince me. It just didn't glide across my face for some reason. I guess this is a case of MMDV (My Mileage Did Vary).

The next purchase is going to be a SS Lupo, a Game Changer or a Rocca.
If you like to let the weight of the razor do some of the work that could of been some the issue possibly, light weight razors need some pressure to assist from keeping the razor skipping(jumping). I have 3 razors that are about a 1 OZ and really enjoy them because my technique has to accommodate that change.

If you like to let the weight of the razor do some of the work that could of been some the issue possibly, light weight razors need some pressure to assist from keeping the razor skipping(jumping). I have 3 razors that are about a 1 OZ and really enjoy them because my technique has to accommodate that change.

No, it wasn't that. I own a few aluminum razors and the Lupo is the only one that I did not like. My all time favorite razor is an aluminum Standard. I remember that I wrote in some Lupo thread when I bought it (in 2019) that I had not enjoyed my first shave with it. It's not a bad razor (it is gentle and efficient), it's just not my cup of tea for some reason.

Top Bottom