What's new

RazoRock Lupo Club - The Pack

Yeah, it's a nice combo ... up until the blade starts getting rough. :) Same with the Nacet.
I only ever get two good shaves from any blade I've used. I've never had good luck with Feathers in the past so this is brand new to me. I have read in the past the most folks seem to think that shave 2 and 3 are even better than shave 1. I'm going to see how many I can get before it's uncomfortable. I now also need to add the Kai back into this. If the Lupo can turn the Feather into a tempered beast, maybe it can do the same for the Kai. I still have the other two blades to try. Man, I haven't had this much fun in a long time!

I only ever get two good shaves from any blade I've used. I've never had good luck with Feathers in the past so this is brand new to me. I have read in the past the most folks seem to think that shave 2 and 3 are even better than shave 1. I'm going to see how many I can get before it's uncomfortable. I now also need to add the Kai back into this. If the Lupo can turn the Feather into a tempered beast, maybe it can do the same for the Kai. I still have the other two blades to try. Man, I haven't had this much fun in a long time!
Still only 2. By the end of the 2nd shave, the Feather started to drag and "bounce". I will say though, Those were two excellent shaves!
I think it's time to revisit my JAWS. I think I may be a convert. The shaves I've had with the Lupo OC have been some of the most comfortable shaves I can ever remember experiencing.
I believe that this particular razor's geometry most closely matches my natural hold, thus making this a much smoother shave. I'm not saying that there is nothing to the razor and it's all my hold, but I think the natural hold has a lot to do with it. It did take a couple shaves to accept the weight distribution since I shave exclusively with a Razorock bulldog handle. Yes, I will try a couple different handles at some point.

With this post I officially request acceptance into the RazoRock Lupo Club - The Pack ;)

Smooth Lupo .95 SB shave today.

full

My shave today was a first use Nacet. I've been using the Derby Premiums exclusively lately but the Nacet takes it to another level. That goes with the Feather as well.

I went nuts and broke out the SS Lupo 72 that I recently bought and was holding for Christmas. Very happy that I bought the Lupo. Feels a tad more nimble than my Game Changer.

The longer story is I had been using a Game Changer with .84 SB and .68 OC base plates, and then during the pandemic I dove down the straight razor rabbit hole.

Based on RazoRock Razor Scale - #1 is the Mildest and #34 is the Most Aggressiv – ItalianBarber - https://www.italianbarber.com/pages/razorock-razor-scale and some guidance from Michael I went with the 72, and am very happy. I am a huge RazoRock fan!

1669330370314.png

I am just loving my SS Lupo 72 (closed comb/safety bar). Will be interested to hear what folks think about the 72 OC. The 72 OC must be so new that Joseph and Michael have not yet added it to the razor scale page:

I am just loving my SS Lupo 72 (closed comb/safety bar). Will be interested to hear what folks think about the 72 OC. The 72 OC must be so new that Joseph and Michael have not yet added it to the razor scale page:

doesn't the Lupo DC have an 72OC side? There are some reviews of that in other threads

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
The Lupo 72OC was just released this week... if you type in "Lupo" in their search box, you'll see it there. All the other Lupo base plates have also been restocked.

First shave with my new Lupo .72OC last night -- paired it with my only black badger brush (a 12yr old Parker). Honestly, I think I'm in love. My affections have been previously split between my GC .68OC and .84P --- this is my first Lupo. It seems to combine everything I like about my two Game Changers, and has the rebated corners and the "more normal" blade tab arrangement I prefer. While I'll surely need more than 1 shave to confirm my impressions of it, this Lupo will likely be serving as my new daily-driver for the foreseeable future.

20221217_142036.jpg

Last edited:

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
First shave with my new Lupo .72OC last night -- paired it with my only black badger brush (a 12yr old Parker). Honestly, I think I'm in love. My affections have been previously split between my GC .68OC and .84P --- this is my first Lupo. It seems to combine everything I like about my two Game Changers, and has the rebated corners and the "more normal" blade tab arrangement I prefer. While I'll surely need more than 1 shave to confirm my impressions of it, this Lupo will likely be serving as my new daily-driver for the foreseeable future.

View attachment 1573653
I just started my Lupo trials a few minutes ago. I used the 72SB on the right side of my face and the 72OC on the left. I was quite impressed with both. I think the OC glided a bit better and was a half a step or so more efficient but both were smooth and comfortable. I am using the Timeless Ti Crown handle on both razors. I do have RR UFO and HD handles as well but for the testing, since I use the Crown handles on quite a few other razors, I decided to stay with what I'm more familiar to make comparisons easier.

I guess that's it... I'm finally a member of The Pack. I plan to change sides with these two base plates.. probably use the "Winner" for a complete shave and then move on to the 95SB and OC base plates.

I don't have a Game Changer so I can't compare blade feel to the Lupo but I'd be interested in the observations of others.

Top Bottom