What's new

Razorock Hawk

Wow! I'm glad I snagged one right after they were put up on the site. I can't wait to try this razor!

-- Sammy

Missed out here. I had a lot of items in my cart, just waiting for the Hawk. When I woke up, all sold out. I guess it's a blessing in disguise so I won't have to spend... lol.

Missed out here. I had a lot of items in my cart, just waiting for the Hawk. When I woke up, all sold out. I guess it's a blessing in disguise so I won't have to spend... lol.

Boy was I wrong in my prediction! I thought 1000 razors would last at least a couple of days. Oh well, Joe said another 1000 in a couple of weeks. Maybe by then the El Jefe and RX will be released and you can spend even more!

Boy was I wrong in my prediction! I thought 1000 razors would last at least a couple of days. Oh well, Joe said another 1000 in a couple of weeks. Maybe by then the El Jefe and RX will be released and you can spend even more!

Lol, I'd say

Haha omg I hope not. My wife is pissed already. I just got a haul from Maggards.

I was going to grab a few soaps, brush and a couple of aftershaves at IB but I waited for the Hawk first. I woke up, no longer available. It's also sobering I suppose, I think it's a blessing in disguise.

Besides... I'm saving up for a Timeless.... :laugh:

Well, you were right with the first half of your prediction as they didn't sell out in an hour.

I initially thought that this one could have gone either way. The low price was extremely attractive but I thought the need to purchase a new kind of blade might actually scare some people away. I know that the blade is what attracts me to this razor but with it not being a de I felt it wasn't a sure thing like some of the other RazoRock offerings.

I think it is pretty damn cool that there are enough people into wetshaving that it can sell out in 3ish hours. I'm not sure that could have been said even 5 years ago.

Well, you were right with the first half of your prediction as they didn't sell out in an hour.

I initially thought that this one could have gone either way. The low price was extremely attractive but I thought the need to purchase a new kind of blade might actually scare some people away. I know that the blade is what attracts me to this razor but with it not being a de I felt it wasn't a sure thing like some of the other RazoRock offerings.

This is what exactly what made me hesitate. I was unsure of investing into the razor using blades I've never tried before. I solved this problem by ordering a couple sample blades from tryablade.com. This way I don't have a pack of fifteen blades that cost $20 that don't work for me.

So I pulled the trigger on a black one today and a box of feather blades. After my purchase I realized that these blades are what - 10 to 20 times the cost of de blades... am I crazy for picking one up? (Never tried se shaving - 6 months new to de shaving) :)

do the blades last longer or something? Why so $$ compared to the de?

This is what exactly what made me hesitate. I was unsure of investing into the razor using blades I've never tried before. I solved this problem by ordering a couple sample blades from tryablade.com. This way I don't have a pack of fifteen blades that cost $20 that don't work for me.

A lot of guys feel those type of blades give the best shave. I'm one of them. I think they are better than the best DE blade that I ever used.

I ordered some Feather pro guard and the Kai mild pro touch thought that would be a good place to start until I get the technique down. I have several SE and injector razors but I have a feeling this razor requires a different touch.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Not sure the pro guard would be a good fit because of the guard wires. I have a bunch of AC blades. Gonna try a Kai Titan Mild first.

Top Bottom