What's new

Razorock Hawk

For all that remained interested after all these years, Joe just announced that the Hawk will finally be available next Tuesday at noon EDT. Less than $20 will get you entry into the growing Feather AC safety razor market.

Italian Barber just posted the listings for both razors. One is called the Black Hawk and it sells for $25 and the other is the Chrome Hawk for $20. Long explanation in the description of the product about not expecting perfection for so low a price. Just in case anyone interested want to read up on it before release.

They are cheap enough to get one of each...

I think on one of the FB posts Joe said he would limit folks to one razor only (and not one of each). I don't see how they could control you from getting one on one day and another the next day. I still haven't decided if I was going to pull the trigger on it yet with the imminent release of the El Jefe and the RX (although I haven't decided if I was going to pull the trigger on the RX yet either). HOWEVER, if I did decide to get a Hawk, it would probably be the Black Hawk only because there was one additional handling in the process.

I think on one of the FB posts Joe said he would limit folks to one razor only (and not one of each). I don't see how they could control you from getting one on one day and another the next day. I still haven't decided if I was going to pull the trigger on it yet with the imminent release of the El Jefe and the RX (although I haven't decided if I was going to pull the trigger on the RX yet either). HOWEVER, if I did decide to get a Hawk, it would probably be the Black Hawk only because there was one additional handling in the process.

The listings on ItalianBarber.com don't say anything about limiting purchases, but I guess we will see.

The listings on ItalianBarber.com don't say anything about limiting purchases, but I guess we will see.

Maybe Joe decided to not add it in until he saw how the sales were going. I remember with the Wunderbar, it initially did not have the limit posted until sales were flying out the door. Maybe at that time he had a limit at checkout but did not put it on the description page. In any case, even with the interest and the price, I don't think that 500 of each razor will sell out in an hour like the Wunderbar.

Did you ever get a Mongoose or Alumigoose? The head design of the Hawk is angular like those designs and so just wondering if it shaved better than the later designs with the domed caps. I know with the Gem type razors, following the head angle produced excellent shaves.

This is exciting news. It is at a really affordable price and it sounds like they will be readily available. Even at twice that price it would be a bargain. Right now it seems like Mongoose still can't keep up with their demand. This will give everyone a chance to own a quality modern SE razor.

Maybe Joe decided to not add it in until he saw how the sales were going. I remember with the Wunderbar, it initially did not have the limit posted until sales were flying out the door. Maybe at that time he had a limit at checkout but did not put it on the description page. In any case, even with the interest and the price, I don't think that 500 of each razor will sell out in an hour like the Wunderbar.

Did you ever get a Mongoose or Alumigoose? The head design of the Hawk is angular like those designs and so just wondering if it shaved better than the later designs with the domed caps. I know with the Gem type razors, following the head angle produced excellent shaves.

I have not yet acquired a Mongoose or Alumigoose. I will at some point. Sorry to disappoint.

Top Bottom