What's new

RAZOROCK - DEAD SEA

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
So...been gone all day. Shaved with this soap this morning. Thoroughly impressed! This could end up being one of my favorite soaps. Ordered the aftershave 10 minutes ago. It's always good to find a product that's a winner.

and…. wonderful stuff!

received the soap + splash today and had my first shave with it.

like its Brother (Santa Maria de Fiore), this soap is a firm “croap” and lathers about equally. Also similar, this soap scores low on the “slickness” criteria. But in spite of this; performs very well.

Like others have said, face-feel is top-notch. The soap sent is very mild, and “balanced”. It is somewhat “medicinal” in character, but I like it fine. There is spice, but its not “spice forward”. There is citrus, but also not “citrus forward. The Saffron is pleasant and reminds me of a similar note in Proraso Wood and Spice cream. The aftershave matches the soap well, but also cranks up the scent a notch or two.

Definitely a spring/summer type scent for me.

I now have Dead Sea and Santa Maria de Fiore due to this thread. Both are excellent performers and have pleasing scents. Glad to have them in my soap collection.

and…. wonderful stuff!

received the soap + splash today and had my first shave with it.

like its Brother (Santa Maria de Fiore), this soap is a firm “croap” and lathers about equally. Also similar, this soap scores low on the “slickness” criteria. But in spite of this; performs very well...
I just used this soap again today. Try adding a bit more water than you normally do. I think the slickness is quite good, like most Italian soft soaps.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
If there's anything that smells better than RR's The Dead Sea, I don't know what it is.

They recently restocked, so I ordered some. The scent composition is flat-out amazing! Glad I got the set.

I'm afraid of dropping "the heavy glass jar," though. It'll crack a tile if I do.

This has to be RR's signature scent, IMO. Well. Hence the fancy jar.

It's a soft soap, maybe croap. It won't last forever, then, but it will be a great ride.

I do have Plague Doctor, Saturnia (2nd place- love it too), Mudder Ffffer, XX and possibly another ... but The Dead Sea is one of those you can't stop admiring.

AA

First use of RazoRock's The Dead Sea this morning making for a delightful shave.

I bowl lathered 1/4 teaspoon with an Omega 11137, adding dribbles of water a number of times making an easy, slick cushion of lather.

A Gillette Silver Blue in a 0.68 Gamechanger easily made for an efficient, mild shave.

But the scent, oh the scent! This mixture of components makes for a.sublime experience. Finishing off with matching Aftershave splash was an added bonus.

If there's anything that smells better than RR's The Dead Sea, I don't know what it is.

They recently restocked, so I ordered some. The scent composition is flat-out amazing! Glad I got the set.

I'm afraid of dropping "the heavy glass jar," though. It'll crack a tile if I do.

This has to be RR's signature scent, IMO. Well. Hence the fancy jar.

It's a soft soap, maybe croap. It won't last forever, then, but it will be a great ride.

I do have Plague Doctor, Saturnia (2nd place- love it too), Mudder Ffffer, XX and possibly another ... but The Dead Sea is one of those you can't stop admiring.

AA
I scoop the soap into an empty plastic soap container bc I'm afraid to drop it! Dead Sea is a favorite. I am a big fan.

The Gillette RFB & RR’s The Dead Sea. Mild autumn day that was close to 70F. Opened up the shave cabinet and they were both staring at me. I knew then it was time to bring them both out for today’s shave. Never a disappointment with either of these items. The RFB is one of Gillette’s best and the RR TDS is just an amazing soap in every aspect. Lemon, Cannabis, Rosemary and Sandalwood. It also has this slight mineral salt type of nuance that just blends in extremely well with the aforementioned notes. Post shave is superb. The splash is just icing on the cake. My absolute favorite from the Razorock house of soaps & splashes.

B237B389-9A98-4A8C-A853-6B82F6C07A56.jpeg

I kind of liked the scent, but wasn't too sure first few times I used RR Dead Sea... but i've just made up several shave sticks and made some with Dead Sea, a touch of Myrsol cream, Haslinger Schafmilch & MWF to firm it up.

Lovely shave, great lather today - same Tatara Masamune, Tatara Badger brush & Gillette London Bridge blade as i've been using on a 3 day stretch of Sapoificio Varesino (& Myrsol) sticks of Morado, Argania and Desert Vetiver in that order... the Dead Sea did give a bit more feedback alum block on the neck (compared to the SV sticks), but not bad at all - and I do like the scent more and more now.

Seems a good dose of ozone to give you the sea side of things, with... not sure - kind of lemony but is that a citrussy cannabis maybe? I am far from an expert on weed as alcohol has been my better known drug of choice, but I do like the smell of the weed now that's it's so easily available in Thailand now.
"Lemony Snicket Spliff by the Sea" perhaps...

I'll certainly happily use the 4 sticks i've got made up - and see later if it will stay in the guaranteed permanent rotation which i'd like to get/keep down to 4... maybe. So far, it's SV Morado then next day would be PdeP Bergamot & Thyme as it's fabulous and a contrast, then back to warm and amber style with the fabulous PdeP 63, and then ? RR Dead Sea or maybe even Stirling Electric Sheep.

Top Bottom