What's new

RAZOROCK - DEAD SEA

I just received the soap and splash from Pasteurs and used it today. Holy smokes this is good stuff.

The lather exploded with my Simpsons Captain 2 in a Georgetown Pottery scuttle. I wonder if the salt crystals help build the lather by being mini agitators? The brush was completely full with lather and there was plenty left in the scuttle.

The scent is great as well and changes itself up a little. I'm pretty sure that a kind of warm, fresh laundry scent snuck in but didn't linger while I was shaving. I finished the shave with a few dashes of the splash rounded out with Stirling Unscented splash and was left with a subtle, but persistent, Dead Sea fragrance throughout the morning.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I just received the soap and splash from Pasteurs and used it today. Holy smokes this is good stuff.

The lather exploded with my Simpsons Captain 2 in a Georgetown Pottery scuttle. I wonder if the salt crystals help build the lather by being mini agitators? The brush was completely full with lather and there was plenty left in the scuttle.

The scent is great as well and changes itself up a little. I'm pretty sure that a kind of warm, fresh laundry scent snuck in but didn't linger while I was shaving. I finished the shave with a few dashes of the splash rounded out with Stirling Unscented splash and was left with a subtle, but persistent, Dead Sea fragrance throughout the morning.

I always wondered what this soap scent was like. Thanks.

I always wondered what this soap scent was like. Thanks.

I would be hard pressed to describe the scent so I avoided it. I think others have described it. I would not call it a fresh laundry scent - that was just a minor part of the whole.

Im curious about this soap, but...

could someone draw a comparison regarding the Sandalwood component of this soap?
is it a dominant scent or rather very subtle, underlying?

Examples of soaps with Sandalwood that I've tried and didn't like:
TOBS Sandalwood
Proraso Red

How does the sandalwood scent on the Dead Sea compare to these two above?
(the rest of the ingredients sound very nice, to me)

Thanks!

It's so nice to see the revival of a fairly old thread, and yes, the RazoRock Dead Sea stuff certainly deserves recognition.
There's just something about a wonderful Dead Sea face lather with my Semogue Mistura brush that's almost magical.
And then to finish it all off with the Dead Sea splash ..... okay Gents, pretty darn perfect. Sublime shaving ? Yes indeed !

6643DA70-8D9A-4742-A265-1FC1EF181BFA.jpeg

I hear you in my imagination speaking in Edward G. Robinson's voice, "This thread was dead, see? Dead Sea, see?"

Wanders off in Simpson's Grandpa mode ... "this reminds me of my favorite index entry in the CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics ... 'Sea water, see Water, sea."

Annnnnnyway ... ordered some and look forward to trying it!

JCarr

How's the slickness/performance on this soap? What would you compare it to? Is it as good as MWF or tallow Tabac?

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Wanders off in Simpson's Grandpa mode ... "this reminds me of my favorite index entry in the CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics ... 'Sea water, see Water, sea."

Hey, got a link to that?

Har, har, I still have one or two of those ….

How's the slickness/performance on this soap? What would you compare it to? Is it as good as MWF or tallow Tabac?

Although I don't use MWF (but I did just score two pucks for the Shavepocalypse at a rural pharmacy) or Tabac, I found Dead Sea to be very slick. In my opinion it is much slicker than OA Stay Traditional which I believe is made by the same soap maker.

I’ll join the bandwagon. Dead Sea is fantastic! The lather explodes off the puck. The jar is amazing. The scent is great. The aftershave is perfect.

I've seen your comments on it over time and you were one of the reasons I jumped on it. I found it to be as good as you said it was.

JCarr

Although I don't use MWF (but I did just score two pucks for the Shavepocalypse at a rural pharmacy) or Tabac, I found Dead Sea to be very slick. In my opinion it is much slicker than OA Stay Traditional which I believe is made by the same soap maker.

Thanks...I picked up a puck!

Im curious about this soap, but...

could someone draw a comparison regarding the Sandalwood component of this soap?
is it a dominant scent or rather very subtle, underlying?

Examples of soaps with Sandalwood that I've tried and didn't like:
TOBS Sandalwood
Proraso Red

How does the sandalwood scent on the Dead Sea compare to these two above?
(the rest of the ingredients sound very nice, to me)

Thanks!
The most prominent notes in the scent are herbal and citrus. Any wood scent is way in the background. As far as performance, this is pretty much a classic Italian style soft soap with added lanolin. The ingredient list is short without a lot of additives. It rinses clean and has a nice post-shave feel, but it's not like artisan soaps with unicorn butter, etc.

I like using this soap in warm or hot weather. It's very refreshing.

Last edited:

EDIT for clarity: I scored two pucks of Williams.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I broke out the Dead Sea tonight. Sublime! I payed attention to the slickness and it’s got it. Wonderful shave with a Israeli red persona.

Inspired by @JCarr, I had a magnificent shave with Dead Sea this morning. I didn't realize how satisfying it is to have so much more lather than you need to swirl around. The scent was perfect for a warming spring day and always gives me a little pick me up in the morning.

Top Bottom