What's new

RazoRock Cyber Razor II

Surely as intelligent beings capable of critical thought we can muster the sense and understanding to recognize that it obviously has nothing to do with nazi sentiment?
This is how dog whistles work. This symbol is one of the most common and obvious symbols used by neoNazis today. Not a single one of them will fail to recognize it, even as others insist it's benign.

I'm hoping the information in this thread is wrong and the razor is stainless steel. Then there's at least a plausible explanation for the boneheaded move. If it's aluminum, they have a whole lot more to explain.

This is how dog whistles work. This symbol is one of the most common and obvious symbols used by neoNazis today. Not a single one of them will fail to recognize it, even as others insist it's benign.

I'm hoping the information in this thread is wrong and the razor is stainless steel. Then there's at least a plausible explanation for the boneheaded move. If it's aluminum, they have a whole lot more to explain.
Because a handful of attention seeking neonazis thinking lightning bolts on a niche market razor look *kind of* like an SS symbol will surely cause Nazism to resurface in and society and start another word war? Them owning a DE razor will give them something to rally behind and bring them out of their unemployed underground? I guess we'll agree to disagree.

Personally I think it's silly that we allow an extreme wanna-be minority hold society hostage to the point that we can't use lightning bolts on razors, or care in the slightest what they think in general.

But, alas, we live in modern society whereas everybody insists on being offended by anything and everything, including lightning bolts on a razor.

Because a handful of attention seeking neonazis thinking lightning bolts on a niche market razor look *kind of* like an SS symbol will surely cause Nazism to resurface in and society and start another word war? Them owning a DE razor will give them something to rally behind and bring them out of their unemployed underground? I guess we'll agree to disagree.

Personally I think it's silly that we allow an extreme wanna-be minority hold society hostage to the point that we can't use lightning bolts on razors, or care in the slightest what they think in general.

But, alas, we live in modern society whereas everybody insists on being offended by anything and everything, including lightning bolts on a razor.
There's no agreement or disagreement, just awareness. Ignore it or don't; it doesn't change how these symbols are perceived.

No one is stopping you from using lighting bolts on anything you like. But be aware that if you choose to use exactly two lightning bolts together, and those lighting bolts have exactly one jag instead of two or more, and they are oriented in an "s" shape instead of a "z" shape, you will convey to Nazis that you are speaking to them, and to everyone else aware of the symbology that you are intending to speak to Nazis.

If they are referencing the cybertruck, they probably got the inspiration from the videos using the doors of that hideous thing as a vegetable peeler. Personally I would steer away from a name that could be associated with a failure like that truck.
On the symbols, it is sad that beautiful icons like the swastika, have been forever tarnished by the association with extremely dark times.

I may have found a solution for the heavy head problem with the tile. The Romulus handle, which is not good but has most of the weight in the middle and end. This could be a useful counterweight on the upstroke. But the damn things is slick slick slick and rather long. So I covered the entire handle area with heat shrink tubing. Limited testing has been positive. I’ll know in a day or two if it is solved.

The Tile as a head shaver seems far too strenuous. Henson or Cyber should be much more manageable.

Yeah, I don't think a handle will make too much difference, but it's still worth trying for me before saying for sure if it makes it better to use.

Razorock makes a hollow HD handle in 316L stainless. I much prefer hollowed out SS handles.

What is the handle called? Is it called "HD" handle? I'll have to have a look at it. Any idea what it weighs? I like to idea of trying a hollow handle. I wish I read this post beforehand as I just bought a Razorock item from a local reseller here in AU. I could of asked about getting that handle in the order. He actually threw in a Titanium 10cm Razorock handle for me to try and longer handle, but I feel that might be too long. I guess I will try that handle as it should be lighter.

View attachment 1849103Bring on the Cyber! Will it replace these?!? (The Tile is with a slippery Romulus handle with heat shrink tubing on it for better grip).

Pretty cool job on the handle there. So the Romulus handle is pretty slippery in normal use without the heat shrink tube? What is the other razor?
It looks interesting. I will be looking forward to the reviews.

I'll definitely be looking forward to reading the reviews. I wonder what the release timeframe is. Hopefully sooner than later.

Yeah, I don't think a handle will make too much difference, but it's still worth trying for me before saying for sure if it makes it better to use.

What is the handle called? Is it called "HD" handle? I'll have to have a look at it. Any idea what it weighs? I like to idea of trying a hollow handle. I wish I read this post beforehand as I just bought a Razorock item from a local reseller here in AU. I could of asked about getting that handle in the order. He actually threw in a Titanium 10cm Razorock handle for me to try and longer handle, but I feel that might be too long. I guess I will try that handle as it should be lighter.

Pretty cool job on the handle there. So the Romulus handle is pretty slippery in normal use without the heat shrink tube? What is the other razor?

I'll definitely be looking forward to reading the reviews. I wonder what the release timeframe is. Hopefully sooner than later.
The other razor is the Parker Soloedge. A great piece of kit!

As to the Tile, I changed tac. The balanced handle made it hard to judge the correctness of the fixed angle. Now in am using a Lord L6 aluminum handle lol. Terribly unbalanced but the correct angle is automatic. Still testing though.

The other razor is the Parker Soloedge. A great piece of kit!

I'll have a look at this one. I've been meaning to try a Parker razor out as I really like their DE razor blades. I just didn't know which razor to get if I were to try one of their razors.

As to the Tile, I changed tac. The balanced handle made it hard to judge the correctness of the fixed angle. Now in am using a Lord L6 aluminum handle lol. Terribly unbalanced but the correct angle is automatic. Still testing though.

I found the RR HD hollowed out handle the other poster was referring to. Looks like it's about 52g, so not much less than the 57g handle I bought from AliExpress. What length handle do you prefer to use? Tell me how it goes when you've done more testing.
I might have to try and get a hold of a medium or aggressive Henson. I really didn't mind the shave I got with the Mild AL13+. I don't know, maybe I should keep trying a bit more with the Tile as there is still a few more different blades I can try along with a handle change.

It's 16 grams less...

More info from RR's twitter:

It's a lightning ⚡ bolt emoji/symbol to annotate aggression. One bolt is standard and two bolts are medium. That cap you see is the medium aggression cap. Same for the base plates. We had no idea it had an alternative meaning.

I was looking at early June but now we need to fix the engraving so I'm not sure what kind of delay that will create.

Top Bottom