What's new

RazoRock Cyber Razor II

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Seriously HOW can someone at RR not see the etching could be a bad idea??!
Guess he doesn't see a Nazi reference in everything, in Germany it got pathological and weird by now.

I rather see the problem in the aluminum. So Cyber Al instead of Cyber SS.

But even in a nicely shiny steel version I would appreciate the handle design but likely NOT the super guided, Henson style approach to head design. I like to have way more leeway with shaving angle than my Henson medium allows. It seems to become a looker, though

The Nazis ruined a lot of cool symbols. It would be nice to resurrect some for good causes. I hope the lightening bolts stay but I doubt they do.

If they ever make one in SS I’ll probably try it. I don’t plan on ever buying an aluminum razor again. Give me the extra weight! As for the handle it looks OK but I much prefer my RR BarberPole or RadioKnob handles.

Now I'm seeing it ⚡everywhere , amazing how the brain works

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240516-073855.png
    Screenshot_20240516-073855.png
    109.8 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
The Nazis ruined a lot of cool symbols. It would be nice to resurrect some for good causes. I hope the lightening bolts stay but I doubt they do.

If they ever make one in SS I’ll probably try it. I don’t plan on ever buying an aluminum razor again. Give me the extra weight! As for the handle it looks OK but I much prefer my RR BarberPole or RadioKnob handles.
One Nazi even managed to ruin an entire mustache style…

Looks like a good razor. Will buy, fixed angle for the win. Would make great gift too for normies if they take out the stupid etching. Really enjoying my Soloedge and Tile (although the Tile has some issues).

Edit: Seems like they noted the issue and are correcting it.

Edit 2: It looks like it has more of a "riding the cap" angle, which I prefer. Could be a perspective issue. Seems like a June release.

Last edited:
I rather see the problem in the aluminum. So Cyber Al instead of Cyber SS.

But even in a nicely shiny steel version I would appreciate the handle design but likely NOT the super guided, Henson style approach to head design. I like to have way more leeway with shaving angle than my Henson medium allows. It seems to become a looker, though

Cyber Al, is that like Camaro Al?

I DO like the super guided fixed angle. It helps me get a consistent shave on the wedge of space below my chin. For some reason, with variable angle DE razors I have issue with getting a consistent shave in that area. My hair grows flat and diagonally there and it is tough as hell.

I am looking for an upgrade on the Tile though, it is neither engineered nor produced well enough (especially as a gift to a newbie). So a new entrant into the field is welcome.

Parker Soloedge is pretty sweet though. especially with cut Bic CPs!

I am looking for an upgrade on the Tile though, it is neither engineered nor produced well enough (especially as a gift to a newbie). So a new entrant into the field is welcome.

Have you had a chance to try any of the Hensons? I bought the Yaqi Tile to see if I'd like it and then maybe buy a Henson. It's not too bad, but I pretty much agree with what you said. I don't love the forced shave angle, but I got a smooth shave from it. I didn't find it aggressive enough, though, as the shave took a long time (I head shave). It's kind of weird as I was told that it's between the AL13++ and AL13+++, but I was able to borrow a AL13+, and even if it is milder (Maybe this is the engineering coming into it, or maybe there is inconsistencies between each Tile?), I got just as good of a shave (if not better) from the AL13+ in a quicker amount time with the same blade.

Have you had a chance to try any of the Hensons? I bought the Yaqi Tile to see if I'd like it and then maybe buy a Henson. It's not too bad, but I pretty much agree with what you said. I don't love the forced shave angle, but I got a smooth shave from it. I didn't find it aggressive enough, though, as the shave took a long time (I head shave). It's kind of weird as I was told that it's between the AL13++ and AL13+++, but I was able to borrow a AL13+, and even if it is milder (Maybe this is the engineering coming into it, or maybe there is inconsistencies between each Tile?), I got just as good of a shave (if not better) from the AL13+ in a quicker amount time with the same blade.
Sadly, I haven't had the chance to try Hensons or Winning. They both seem very nice. The main issue I have with the Tile is the upstroke. The damn head is so heavy it makes it kinda hard to balance, and if you put a heavy handle on it, you are lifting weights. Downstroke is fine though. The Winning looks like it clears out some of the bottom material and has cutouts to decrease weight.

The Tile is also maybe a tad blade forward? And it seems to kill blades fast, sometimes the second shave is just bad. Focusing all cutting on one point? Not sure. It may be the rare razor that benefits from blade flipping?

Plus the safety bar itself is sharp. I smoothed it out a bit with the diamond files, but that may mess with tolerances? All in all, I think it is a good razor, but the problems stick out to me more and more. I consider the Yaqi razors to be test runs for me to decide on buying the upmarket original model :).

Maybe the Henson Alternative Handle (SS) on Amazon could be an answer for the Tile?

If they'd added a third "stroke" to each lightning bolt in the logo, they could have avoided the unfortunate association.

Apart from that, the design seems more "Cylon" than "Cyber." I like it, though it wouldn't be high on my acquisition list.

Sadly, I haven't had the chance to try Hensons or Winning. They both seem very nice. The main issue I have with the Tile is the upstroke. The damn head is so heavy it makes it kinda hard to balance, and if you put a heavy handle on it, you are lifting weights. Downstroke is fine though. The Winning looks like it clears out some of the bottom material and has cutouts to decrease weight.

Well, I wouldn't have thought much of the Henson after using the Tile, so I am glad I did get a chance to try the Henson. I did two shaves with it, and it definitely performs better IMO (I head shave only, so I can't say if it's the same difference in regard to face shaving comparing the two). And yeah, you are 100% right on the head, it's heavy. The handle I chose was a stainless steel one from AliExpress, it was 85mm length and not too heavy (just checked and it's 57 grams - maybe I should try a heavier handle?). I was actually thinking to myself if a different handle might help. I like the handle, though, it's just that the Tile head weighs abut 40 grams itself.

With the Henson, I was a bit worried in might be too light and feel like a toy as I've never used an Al razor before, but it was actually not too light at all and felt really good in hand. Very balanced unlike the Yaqi.

The other thing is, it feels like you're forced into a certain blade angle with the Tile or Henson, but according to the bottom of this page Technical Data - https://hensonshaving.com/pages/technical-data (not sure who the competitors they've tested against are, but they say you're not forced into a very limited range [it feels like you are to me]), you're not forced

The Tile is also maybe a tad blade forward? And it seems to kill blades fast, sometimes the second shave is just bad. Focusing all cutting on one point? Not sure. It may be the rare razor that benefits from blade flipping?

Possible, but now after just using the Henson AL13+, I'm not sure I like the Tile as much as I did before, then again, I used a blade that's been used twice in it, so maybe your theory is correct that blades get worn faster in it.

I just read this review at AliExpress when I went to check what the weight of the Tile is :
This razor is excellent. Very similar to the Henson but not quite. A little more aggressive than the medium and not quite as aggressive as the aggressive Henson. Shaves very similarly. No worries or cares whilst shaving with this one. It's like it's on autopilot. Gets a wonderful BBS.

I don't know if it's because I am head shaving with it, but I got closer to BBS with the mild AL13+ Henson than the Tile, and in a quicker time too. I found the AL13+ to be better for my use case and got a better result.

Plus the safety bar itself is sharp. I smoothed it out a bit with the diamond files, but that may mess with tolerances? All in all, I think it is a good razor, but the problems stick out to me more and more. I consider the Yaqi razors to be test runs for me to decide on buying the upmarket original model :).

Mine seemed OK. Must be some quality control issues with the Tile?

Maybe the Henson Alternative Handle (SS) on Amazon could be an answer for the Tile?
Which handle is this that you're referring to?

As for the Cyber Razor II, this looks like a very interesting razor. Now that I've tried an Al razor out, I'm definitely interested in trying other ones out. I wonder what the characteristics of it will be like compared to something like the Henson.

I compared the Henson and Tile a while ago. As @Ice09 says, just because you have shaved with one, doesn't mean you know the other. The Tile is closer to the Henson aggressive than the mild or medium - both in specs and in practice.

The Cyber Razor (awful name) might have some similarities to these two and maybe to the Winning as well (which I have as well), but it is surely different too. I'm interested in learning more.

Well, I wouldn't have thought much of the Henson after using the Tile, so I am glad I did get a chance to try the Henson. I did two shaves with it, and it definitely performs better IMO (I head shave only, so I can't say if it's the same difference in regard to face shaving comparing the two). And yeah, you are 100% right on the head, it's heavy. The handle I chose was a stainless steel one from AliExpress, it was 85mm length and not too heavy (just checked and it's 57 grams - maybe I should try a heavier handle?). I was actually thinking to myself if a different handle might help. I like the handle, though, it's just that the Tile head weighs abut 40 grams itself.

With the Henson, I was a bit worried in might be too light and feel like a toy as I've never used an Al razor before, but it was actually not too light at all and felt really good in hand. Very balanced unlike the Yaqi.

The other thing is, it feels like you're forced into a certain blade angle with the Tile or Henson, but according to the bottom of this page Technical Data - https://hensonshaving.com/pages/technical-data (not sure who the competitors they've tested against are, but they say you're not forced into a very limited range [it feels like you are to me]), you're not forced

Possible, but now after just using the Henson AL13+, I'm not sure I like the Tile as much as I did before, then again, I used a blade that's been used twice in it, so maybe your theory is correct that blades get worn faster in it.

I just read this review at AliExpress when I went to check what the weight of the Tile is :

I don't know if it's because I am head shaving with it, but I got closer to BBS with the mild AL13+ Henson than the Tile, and in a quicker time too. I found the AL13+ to be better for my use case and got a better result.

Mine seemed OK. Must be some quality control issues with the Tile?

Which handle is this that you're referring to?

As for the Cyber Razor II, this looks like a very interesting razor. Now that I've tried an Al razor out, I'm definitely interested in trying other ones out. I wonder what the characteristics of it will be like compared to something like the Henson.
I may have found a solution for the heavy head problem with the tile. The Romulus handle, which is not good but has most of the weight in the middle and end. This could be a useful counterweight on the upstroke. But the damn things is slick slick slick and rather long. So I covered the entire handle area with heat shrink tubing. Limited testing has been positive. I’ll know in a day or two if it is solved.

The Tile as a head shaver seems far too strenuous. Henson or Cyber should be much more manageable.

I may have found a solution for the heavy head problem with the tile. The Romulus handle, which is not good but has most of the weight in the middle and end. This could be a useful counterweight on the upstroke. But the damn things is slick slick slick and rather long. So I covered the entire handle area with heat shrink tubing. Limited testing has been positive. I’ll know in a day or two if it is solved.

The Tile as a head shaver seems far too strenuous. Henson or Cyber should be much more manageable.
Razorock makes a hollow HD handle in 316L stainless. I much prefer hollowed out SS handles.

They look like basic lightning bolts to me. How else would you do them?

I'd lose the words - font is ugly.
Agree, they're clearly lightning bolts.

Sucks when symbols and characters have to be abandoned just because of something some jerk did the better part of a century ago... Especially when said symbols original meaning had nothing to do with nazi sentiment. Surely as intelligent beings capable of critical thought we can muster the sense and understanding to recognize that it obviously has nothing to do with nazi sentiment?

Last edited:
Top Bottom