What's new

Razor more agressive than MCOM?

Just curious, Is there a razor more agressive then then the Microcromatic OC? I found it to be mild in a good way.

proxy.php

Some consider the Ever-Ready 1924 Shovelhead (especially the variant with the flat comb teeth) to be more aggressive than the MMOC. It's definitely in the same ballpark.

Older Valet Auto Strops (VB1 and earlier) are seriously aggressive.

Some of the Lather Catchers, especially those designed to use a wedge blade, are right up there.

--Bob

Lather catchers, blades on a stick. :)
My 1924 is not much different from my 1914 and maybe a touch more aggressive than a 1912.

Some many be more aggressive but it a very minimal difference. My vote would be for a Damaskeene OC but then again it may all just be psychological…

As spidey9 suggested ... a 1924.

Moving a little left field, try a Wilkinson Sword Pall Mall with a GEM blade ...

proxy.php

... or a Wilkinson Sword Roller Safety Shaver:

proxy.php

... if you can find one, a Le Grelot is a very aggressive shave!

proxy.php

What is common to all these is that they were originally designed to shave with wedges.

PJGH , Do the Standard SE blades available in the market fit in to those (Wilkinson Sword Pall Mall+ other two ) With out any modifications?

Indeed, they do ... just as pictured.

Did you know, the Henckles Rapide is actually the Wilkinson Sword razor above, sans patented roller guard, produced under license?

Last edited:
Wedge on a stick! Yeah, the guard up front on the blade is NOT to protect your face, it's to protect the blade edge in case you drop it.

It is amazing just how well those kits still perform decades on ... so long as the hone and strop are in decent order, you can bring most non-rusty blades back.

Wilkinson Sword Empire Razors. They are adjustable. They can be somewhat mild, to dang near a straight razor. A modern single edge can n be used in them.

Sticking with Wilko, here's their "Double Edge Safety Shaver" which by happy coincidence takes Feathers and de-spined GEMs:

proxy.php

Aggressive? Not 'arf!

I think the consensus is narrowing towards a Wilkinson Sword :thumbup1:

Sticking with Wilko, here's their "Double Edge Safety Shaver" which by happy coincidence takes Feathers and de-spined GEMs:

proxy.php

Aggressive? Not 'arf!

I think the consensus is narrowing towards a Wilkinson Sword :thumbup1:

I like. A lot.
Now I want one. Thanks.

Top Bottom