What's new

Razor help needed

This razor has a crack in the handle as shown in the last pic.

Suggests as to keeping it on. My wife uses it, and when you do legs you have a razor upside down alot. And the head has a habit um...aaa...well of falling off. Suggestions please. Im in Australia, so specific products without there properties and benefits will be of little help if they are commonly found in America.
So suggestion as to type of product would be good.

Would supper glue work, or would a more rubbery glue be better? Or just some lock tight (used on bolts to keep them done up)?
Suggestions appreciated.

+Buckler

i'd use epoxy. woolys has some in miniscule quantities for pretty cheap. (im talking even smaller than those araldyte (sp?) syringes, tiny tiny little pouches to squeeze together.

I have used super glue before and it does work I didn't at the time have any epoxy though or I would use that. Either would work well however epoxy should work better.

I have used super glue on a couple and while it works, I have had problems.
You have to be really quick when putting it together after applying the glue. Even when I use a toothpick to apply only a wee bit, It is and extremely tight fit and usually makes the crack bigger.

Thanks for the help guys, ill see if i can track down epoxy, it seems this is the consensus.

+Buckler

If that's a razor that you like to use a lot, you might consider looking for a jeweler or smithie that can braze it or weld it for you. A good plumber can do it, too. That will be the best and most permanent repair. While superglue and epoxy can work, neither is designed to hold up longterm to the shear and torque effects that generated the problem in the first place. Just my 2c...

If that's a razor that you like to use a lot, you might consider looking for a jeweler or smithie that can braze it or weld it for you. A good plumber can do it, too. That will be the best and most permanent repair. While superglue and epoxy can work, neither is designed to hold up longterm to the shear and torque effects that generated the problem in the first place. Just my 2c...

Great Idea, but do you think it could look a little bad? I suppose if you grind it and sand it etc it could come up alright.

A marine (ie. water-resistant) epoxy would be better...

http://www.selleys.com.au/Adhesive-Selection-Guide/default.aspx

I hear good things from my buddy near Perth about Aquadhere and Techniglue epoxy too

Good thinking, 'water-resistant epoxy'.
And you just reminded my, my brother works for 'Wurth' and the have fantastic products I think ill get him to have a look at this thred and give his 2 cents worth.

Thanks Guys

+Buckler

You could replace the handle with something that will never break.
proxy.php

C

congo_3

Hey bro, Just like ceebee said, a jewler would be your best option they would do a very neat job and would be a far more perminant option. We do have liquid metal and super glue and such that would do the job but jewllers are trained to do these things and not mess it up. Im sure they wouldn't charge much. happy shaving sunshine.

Top Bottom