What's new

Razor Emporium and Poor Service - READ POST 43

I've ordered from them once, in total. Some soap, which I like, and a bargain straight razor, which I haven't spent much time on.

I like both, and had a fine experience. But apparently their replating services are to be ignored. Lesson learned, though it's sad it had to come from your expense.

Thanks, B&B, for helping me avert a potential problem area. I was just doing some preliminary exploring on getting a couple of my vintage DEs plated and was hoping to find some ballpark prices on the different skins available. A B&B search brought this up as my first thread.

OP, I am sorry you are the brunt of the new red flag, but hopefully they will make things right for you. That still does not alleviate the apparent crevass in RE's customer service and communications. Your initial posting on the issue was well done and articulate. I read your frustration through your great job of bringing the issue to the forum while still maintaining a gentlemanly demeanor. Your folks did well.:001_smile

Boy, am I not surprised to real all of this...

Years ago the proprietor was a member here. I was a new member here. I was looking for a Gillette Slim Adjustable, because my deceased Dad used one. Mr. Pisarcik, then known as "Bingo Bob," offered one for sale in B/S/T, and showed pictures of the razor. I sent a PM, and agreed to buy the pictured Slim. Foolishly, I still believed in a handshake being a man's bond, I sent a personal check for about $50 for the Slim, and settled in to wait for my prize to arrive. I kept track of the thread, to keep track. A few days later, another member posted in the thread, and stated that his Slim, the one pictured, had arrived and how happy he was. Now, a few red flags went up, and I PM'd the gent that bought the razor, and Bingo Bob. The gent that bought the Slim confirmed that it was the razor pictured in the sale thread. Bingo Bob said it was a different Slim. After much back and forth, Mr. Pisarcik admitted that he sold the razor pictured, but the one he was sending me was nicer.
This did not seem like the correct way to do business, so I asked to have my check returned. He refused, saying he already shipped the razor, which I had a feeling was incorrect, but I was over a barrel, and at this point, I would have felt better receiving at least something for my money!
Needless to say, no razor of any kind ever arrived. A lot of back and forth behind the scenes, with promises that never materialized.
I notified Moderators of this site, and Matt Pisarcik (Bingo Bob) was banned from B&B over this incident. Perhaps there were others I did not know about.. Of that, I'm unsure.
So months went by... I'm not going to fly to Arizona to square up a fifty dollar debt, so I chalked the fifty up to a learning experience, and just licked my wounds.
One day, I received an e-mail from a Matt Pisarcik @ Arizona Heart hospital via "linked-In", apparently a professional networking site... Must have gone through his e-mail contacts and sent something to everyone.. So, I replied to the e-mail from "linked-In" asking Matt how he was, and if he was ever going to return my money for the razor that was never sent... He replied that he was in an accident, poor health, personal troubles, the whole gamut of excuses... But, now that I knew his employer, he finally, after at least six months, sent the majority of my money back...

Lesson learned! Unfortunately, I never felt the same way about the Slim that I bought later from a reputable gentleman, and the memory of my Dad was a bit tarnished, but life goes on...

Be careful out there... The waters are infested with Sharks!

Boy, am I not surprised to real all of this...

I notified Moderators of this site, and Matt Pisarcik (Bingo Bob) was banned from B&B over this incident. Perhaps there were others I did not know about.. Of that, I'm unsure.
Ahah! I could tell by the Ouchman's "non-post" post above that there must have been some history here.

Sorry about your experience, but thank you for sharing with the forum. I was thinking about getting a vintage razor re-plated and now I know to stay away from Razor Emporium.

I'm glad I read this. I was really close to sending a couple of my razors to them to get replated. I'm definitely not now! They say "we polish / plate razors and we stand behind our work." Then you need to do the job right the first time and there wouldn't be a problem.

Nothing worse than unreliable and untrustworthy vendors. Thanks again for the heads up.

Thanks for posting your experience, i was looking at some of their services if i decided to replate and i think i'll take my chances elsewhere.. even with other replaters, I always wonder how you know you were getting back your own submitted razor.

The collective weeps for the pain you have suffered, but I personally thank you for reminding me not to send my business in RE's direction.

marty

A business will not stay in business for long if they don't keep their customers happy...

+1

And to OP, sorry you had such a terrible experience but thanks for the heads up. I'll look elsewhere for replating services

Dodged a bullet there thanks for the heads up on dealing with the razor emporium il spend my money with someone else

Bottom line,

You send your item to a company for touch ups, replating, re-finishing, etc. You can call them as often as you damn well please. Just reading that post makes me wonder just who the hell these people think they are?

Edit: My apologies to the Mod and all you gentlemen. It just irks me when good honest people are taken for a ride.

Last edited:
OP. I have to compliment you on your demeanor. Well done. I sincerely hope you get your original razor back and not a franken razor and a painted thread. Good luck.

Bottom line,

You send your item to a company for touch ups, replating, re-finishing, etc. You can call them as often as you damn well please. Just reading that post makes me wonder just who the hell these people think they are?

Edit: My apologies to the Mod and all you gentlemen. It just irks me when good honest people are taken for a ride.

I'm confused, I must have missed something. Why are you apologizing? That's exactly how I felt when I read the Op's post...guess I'm sorry too? I

.....is anyone else wondering why someone from Razor Emporium hasn't responded on this thread to defend their business and/or honor??

.....hmmmmmmm.......how odd.......

Last edited:
I just provided an update to this horrid situation which is getting better. Please see the top of the OP. Hopefully I will have more good news later today. Thank you all for the support!

Top Bottom