What's new

Razor Emporium and Poor Service - READ POST 43

I just provided an update to this horrid situation which is getting better. Please see the top of the OP. Hopefully I will have more good news later today. Thank you all for the support!

I'm happy to hear that you are getting your money back. Nevertheless, I would avoid doing business with this outfit in the future.

I'm happy to hear that you are getting your money back. Nevertheless, I would avoid doing business with this outfit in the future.

No. I will not be using Razor Emporium again. Their service is just too horrible. I have updated the OP again and I am happy to report that they are sending me something! I hope it is my razor and not Anthrax. ;) But in all seriousness, they did make an effort to rectify their problem but only after it got attention here at B&B. That is when it is too late for me. So, no, I will never look to using their services again and I have plans for some future razors. They are losing out on my money. Sad for them, not me.

Just an FYI all Razor Emporium is no friend of the Badger & Blade community. The proprietor has habitually broken our rules, taken advantage of our community and when caught and banned, gone through great lengths to deceive us and create additional accounts. Below is a list of accounts Matt (co-owner of Razor Emporium) himself sent me on 2/7/12 of accounts he's created, the dates they were created and the dates he was banned for not following our rules. Now, he's threatening litigation against B&B for allowing users to post their negative experiences about his establishment. All I can say is, someone who's been banned on 6 accounts and threatens our community and its membership - is not someone I would/will never do business with. In the same words I stated to him - he can go pound sand.

username
ban date

mpisarcik

8/24/2006
9/21/2007
D.B. Cooper

4/4/2008
7/21/2008
The Real McCoy
7/28/2008
6/20/2009
The Cockroach King

5/20/2009
6/17/2009
*King G*

12/3/2009
2/25/2010
Razor Emporium
2/23/2010
5/2/2010

"The Cockroach King"?

I know - pretty amazing that someone would have confidence in purchasing a razor from a user calling himself "The Cockroach King". Similarly, why would someone purchase a razor from someone calling themselves "Razorthief", another username associated with this cast of characters that have created multiple accounts and come to B&B to rip off our members.

I think answer is that our membership is very trusting of fellow members of this community and 99.999% of the time that trust is warranted.

When one of the owners at RE asked why I didn't want to be friends with him on Facebook, and I told him to pound sand here is his smarmy response. Sounds like he is really into himself too.

Someone at Razor Emporium (it wasn't Matt) said:
Really, how bad can I be? I have a PhD, a scientist at a reputable institution, and I turned my B&B-bst hobby into a 150k annual grossing side business.

So they make 150k on us? I think that is a HELL of a lot of money for a hobby. Beware of the markup they are most likely charging on the razors they are selling you and the replating they (someone else) does. They are most likely buying razors on ebay for cheap, the cleaning them up and charging an arm and a leg. Something ANY of us can do (buying them on ebay and cleaning them up) for a HELL of a lot less money. Plus you won't have to worry about sending a razor out that you may not get back.

Ironically, if you google "Razor emporium" google immediately tries to populate your search with "razor emporium banned." Try it yourself.

Last edited:
Gosh am I glad I stumbled on this thread, as I was contemplating buying a razor from them. Many contributors to this thread have high praise for Onotoman, but I think that, while he restores old razors, he doesn't sell restored old razors to those like me who don't have any but would like to acquire one. Can any of you recommend someone who does?

Many thanks!

They probably bought it back from ebay and sold it at 150% markup!! ha ha

Last March I sent a Fatboy for replating to RE and was upset to find that the silo doors would no longer completely close. I was told that they are not the ones who do the replating so he was not sure what the issue was with the silo doors. No offer for a partial refund or see if it could be repaired. They turned a nice workable razor into a shiny paper weight. The razor was sold at a lost on flea bay with full disclosure.

"we are not in the business of holding hands -

I can't believe the arrogance of the owner! I just scored a Fatboy and a Tech on ebay and was actually reading about RE's services earlier this evening. No way now! I'm grateful to you for sharing your horror story. I hope others will take heed.
Regards,

I can't believe the arrogance of the owner! I just scored a Fatboy and a Tech on ebay and was actually reading about RE's services earlier this evening. No way now! I'm grateful to you for sharing your horror story. I hope others will take heed.
Regards,

Sadly, the arrogance for RE only begins here. The co-owner, Sebastian Sandersius, asked me in an email, and I quote, "Please don't bring your business to us again." This apparently after he discovered this posting here at B&B. The other co-owner, Matt Pisarcik, apologized for Sandersius' comment. However, being a bit skeptical I can't help but think "good cop, bad cop." While I can't steer anyone away from doing business with Razor Emporium. I can say that I did report them to the Better Business Bureau and had they not returned my razor, I would have filed a complaint against them for fraud with the Arizona State Attorney General. I will never do business with either of the owners or the business again. Razor Emporium is definitely on my "black list."

Congratulations on your new purchases! :)

Edit:

The company Razor Emporium was using to plate the threads on the head of my razor (this was the problem to be fixed since they didn't do it the first time) failed to fully re-plate the threads. They plated the outside level of the threads, but the plating didn't penetrate deep into the the threads, leaving them un-plated and susceptible to corrosion. I am now going to have to consider sending my razor out to another company who can do the job right, i.e. plate right into the interior of the threads and not just the exterior.

Last edited:
Top Bottom