What's new

Rate my lather...

Not too bad, a little more water may be in order though. Mind if I ask are you using the soap or the cream?

It is the cream.... yeah I got a lil overspray in the ear both times. lol

Also would shaving more often (not letting it get so long) help me get a bettre less irritating shave? Or will I cause more irritation?

If you shave WTG and concentrate on beard reduction and apply no pressure, there should be no irritation in either event.

Your skin will get conditioned the more you shave, yes. If you are having a lot of irritation maybe stop at two good passes for a week or so.

I kind of like my lather on the thick side, especially if using a sharp blade. Thing is you have to shave faster or the lather will dry (unless of course you re-apply). You can add a couple of drops of hot water to the center of the brush at any time...or get a scuttle.

Looking good.

Thanks... Been thinking about trying a scuttle to keep the lather warm. I am usually a once a week shaver But I want to work on keeping a cleaner looking appearance even though I don't reall need to. My beard doesn't grow very fast or thick but it is pretty coarse hair.

If it feels pasty and drags somewhat when you shave, it's too dry. Sometimes it's hard to tell from photographs if the lather is OK. Everyone's taste varies somewhat. Personally, I prefer a thick lather and as I said earlier, it's in the ballpark. BTW, how much product did you use?

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
That looks like a start. I would add more water (dip the tip of the brush in the water and continue to build the lather for 20-30 secs).

If it works for you, keep it that way. If it is not smooth for you, add a few drops of water.

As you can see from the posts, there is a difference of opinion. I tend to like a thicker lather than most - particularly from my WTG pass.

That looks good. But it's at the point for me, where I'd add just a bit more water.

Really depends on how it shaves for you though.

Top Bottom