What's new

Prorasso

B

Barney14

What is the opinion of Prorasso products are they good quality, I have seen them described as for beginners.

I am not a beginner and get a good shave using Prorasso green cream, it's good value in the UK at around £6 a tube, without spending substantially more is there anything better.

One letter S, not two.

Proraso is good stuff, and so is canned foam.

Anyone who says any shaving product is for a “beginner” is an elitist moron who has nothing better to do with their time and needs a way to justify all the money they’ve shaved wet-shaving.

Anyone who takes the time to practice their technique can shave with canned foam and a single blade plastic disposable and get a good shave.

One letter S, not two.

Anyone who says any shaving product is for a “beginner” is an elitist moron who has nothing better to do with their time and needs a way to justify all the money they’ve shaved wet-shaving.

Anyone who takes the time to practice their technique can shave with canned foam and a single blade plastic disposable and get a good shave.
I think people mean that this cream is suitable for a beginner to practice lathering compared to a hard soap and it's not that expensive compared to some of the other brands. I've been DE shaving since 2012 and Proraso is still my favorite shaving cream.

B

Barney14

One letter S, not two.

Many thanks
Speeling was never my strong point

Many thanks
Speeling was never my strong point
It's a joke son.

Yes, Proraso is good enough for anyone at any experience level.

The 2 common knocks against it are: scent and residue. I have no issues with either.

My favorite by a wide margin is the Blue cream. It's been my go-to cream for years now.

To quote myself from 2016:

"Proraso Blue is a top notch, world class cream hiding in a $7 metal tube. Package it in a glass jar, pewter covered dish and give it a fancy French name and people would be knocking down the doors to pay $70 for it."

B

Barney14

It's a joke son.

Yes, Proraso is good enough for anyone at any experience level.

The 2 common knocks against it are: scent and residue. I have no issues with either.

My favorite by a wide margin is the Blue cream. It's been my go-to cream for years now.

To quote myself from 2016:

"Proraso Blue is a top notch, world class cream hiding in a $7 metal tube. Package it in a glass jar, pewter covered dish and give it a fancy French name and people would be knocking down the doors to pay $70 for it."
My next tube will be blue, thanks for the heads up.

One letter S, not two.

We see the term used for a lot of reasonably priced shaving tools/products. Typically as a marketing message designed to convince consumers that they need to move on to a much more expensive product. We see this for low cost DE razors like my Weishi 9306 long handle that I repeatedly see rated highly and then classified as a great "beginner" razor. Kind of funny when you realize that for most of the time that DE razors made up the bulk of the razor market they were generally a low cost item meant as the gateway purchase to a recurring stream of razor blade purchases. No need to spend a lot for a good razor.

My first DE, a Gillette Black Beauty just cost a few dollars, likely around $20 adjusted for inflation. Fully respect those who desire premium materials like stainless or titanium or a luxury collectable razor.

P.S. @Barney14 , Prorasso is for any shaver of any experience level. If you like it there is no reason not to use it. Note that I've found that while good I prefer other shaving soaps that are slicker. YMMV.

B

Barney14

We see the term used for a lot of reasonably priced shaving tools/products. Typically as a marketing message designed to convince consumers that they need to move on to a much more expensive product. We see this for low cost DE razors like my Weishi 9306 long handle that I repeatedly see rated highly and then classified as a great "beginner" razor. Kind of funny when you realize that for most of the time that DE razors made up the bulk of the razor market they were generally a low cost item meant as the gateway purchase to a recurring stream of razor blade purchases. No need to spend a lot for a good razor.

My first DE, a Gillette Black Beauty just cost a few dollars, likely around $20 adjusted for inflation. Fully respect those who desire premium materials like stainless or titanium or a luxury collectable razor.

P.S. @Barney14 , Prorasso is for any shaver of any experience level. If you like it there is no reason not to use it. Note that I've found that while good I prefer other shaving soaps that are slicker. YMMV.

What you say makes sense, I'm happy with my razor a 7 O'clock open comb, Yaqi brush and GSB blades, I have seen much about artisan creams and soaps and wondered if I was missing out as I have not been on this site for a couple of years.

As always good advice here.

There is no such thing as a beginner product. I think things get labeled as such because they’re easy to lather. I’ve tried so many soaps and creams, but if I was forced to only have one for the rest of my life it would be Proraso green. The scent is amazing (IMO) and the hint of cooling menthol feels great on my skin. Plus it’s readily available and not expensive.

B

Barney14

There is no such thing as a beginner product. I think things get labeled as such because they’re easy to lather. I’ve tried so many soaps and creams, but if I was forced to only have one for the rest of my life it would be Proraso green. The scent is amazing (IMO) and the hint of cooling menthol feels great on my skin. Plus it’s readily available and not expensive.
Agree the scent is great.

I've had the opportunity to sample many soaps since I began over a year ago with Proraso Green. It was the first shave soap I ever tried.
I still put it in my top tier of soaps. It's affordable. It's lathers great for me. I love the scent. When I run out, I'll order more in a heartbeat.

I've had the opportunity to sample many soaps since I began over a year ago with Proraso Green. It was the first shave soap I ever tried.
I still put it in my top tier of soaps. It's affordable. It's lathers great for me. I love the scent. When I run out, I'll order more in a heartbeat.
As it ages it the cream will become harder, first time when I noticed this I got worried but it still lathers up as it should be. Have you ever tried the Palmolive shaving cream? IMHO I would put the this cream in the same league as the Proraso.

As it ages it the cream will become harder, first time when I noticed this I got worried but it still lathers up as it should be. Have you ever tried the Palmolive shaving cream? IMHO I would put the this cream in the same league as the Proraso.
I have tried the Palmolive shaving cream and found it wanting in both lubricity and scent. I really don't care for the scent at all. But love the Proraso.

Top Bottom