What's new

[rant] I’m on the verge of giving up cigars [rant]

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
UPDATE:

I’ve had a lot more success with lowering the humidity to 65%. Also I began toasting the foot until it was good and red and smoking. Then puffing just a little while lighting to get it burning good. I also got a new lighter with a “flat” flame. The Xikar Verano, call me crazy but I think it works better than the 1,2,3 flame torches. It’s also nice it has a mirror finish so I can see the foot of the cigar while lighting to ensure I get an even red ember.

Last several cigars have smoked well. Now if I could only master the pipe....

UPDATE:

I’ve had a lot more success with lowering the humidity to 65%. Also I began toasting the foot until it was good and red and smoking. Then puffing just a little while lighting to get it burning good. I also got a new lighter with a “flat” flame. The Xikar Verano, call me crazy but I think it works better than the 1,2,3 flame torches. It’s also nice it has a mirror finish so I can see the foot of the cigar while lighting to ensure I get an even red ember.

Pipe takes practice..... And then suddenly it clicks and you have a Nirvana smoke. Usually when you are unaware you're doing things right as you're pondering something else

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Good news. Smoking tobacco should never be rage inducing, although pipe smoking can be frustrating when learning lol.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
UPDATE:

I like the Verano too. Top gets very very hot. Just a couple of burns and somehow my body knows not to go near it with out the use of my brain. Mostly tucking it back into my pocket a bit too fast.

I've a few Xikar lighters. Most I've had to take apart after a few months of use to adjust to a bit higher flame. Not the Verano yet. I only use Xikar fuel . . . and I just say this as I think people would jump to suggest better fuel.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I can’t say I’ve ever felt it get very hot yet. Warm sure, but not so hot I couldn‘t toss it in my pocket. I used he Xicar fuel too. While in Nashville a while back a cigar shop had all the Xicar 50% off so naturally I needed another lighter.

Top Bottom