What's new

Resurrecting old cigars

Legion

Staff member
I was going through a storage box today and pulled out an old box of cigars I forgot I had. They have not been stored in a humidor, and I'm sure they are well and truely mummified after many years.

Can they be brought back to a condition worth smoking with humidity, or should I just chuck them out? I don't smoke anymore, but if they can be used I'm sure I can find someone to give them to.

IMG_7454.jpeg

Or if you have friendly B n M Cigar shop ask owner if they will allow you to put in their walk-in Humidor a week.

I recently bought a box of Jamaican Macanudo Rolled pre 2000. They were in guy home walk in, store right from day he got. They do not have much punch, but smooth as silk. This was prior to General Cigar, STG buy company and moving to Dominican Republic.

Eh, if you’re not planning on smoking them give them to someone who might want to play with them. It’s just a ziplock the cigars and a boveda pack but is it worth it to you to take the time to try to rejuvenate them? Heck depending on the average humidity of where you live they might be okay. Are they even brittle at all?

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
I have successfully resuscitated old dry cigars before. I just double bagged them in Ziploc bags with a small wad of dampened tissue. They were quite enjoyable old Upmanns.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Keep them in their cellophane wrapper and if you like you can place them in a Ziplock bag together with a small Boveda pack to improve the humidity slowly.

I have successfully resuscitated old dry cigars before. I just double bagged them in Ziploc bags with a small wad of dampened tissue. They were quite enjoyable old Upmanns.

This. ⬆️

The key is to SLOWLY re-humidify cigars. :)

Top Bottom